Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Time for tea

I'm a big fan of tea. I think it might be at least partly due to being British. ;)

I love a nice cuppa when I get up, and - most days - drink several more throughout the day. I don't do coffee, only tea. But my drinking habits aren't actually the reason for this post. Nope! The reason for this post is for me to have the oppertunity to show you the kettle I got a couple of weeks ago. To me it's my new kettle, but many of you will consider it an old kettle. After all, technically, that's what it is. It's one of those whistling kettles that you put on the cooker.



I like my new kettle. I enjoy hearing it whistling away happily to itself when the water is hot enough for me to make my cup of tea. I've wanted one of these kinds of kettles for a little while, so I'm glad I was able to find one without paying too much for it. And Kelly likes it too, so that's a plus. :)

This mug though isn't new. It's far from new. I've had it since when I was in Canada. I'm not sure where it came from... It may have belonged to my mother-in-law originally. All I know is it came back from Canada with me, and I've used it regularly ever since. Bearing in mind it's been almost six years since I left Canada and came back home to Wales. Like I said, it's far from new.



There are often disputes about what the face looks like. Some people say it looks like it's screaming, others say it looks shocked. Either way, I always liked it, and I can always tell which mug it is, because the nose sticks out, so it usually gets refered to as either "the face cup" or "the one with the nose" if - or when - I ask for it, or someone is asking me if that's the mug I want to use. Whichever you think it should be... It's a mug with a mug on it. LOL!

So, here's the kettle. Here's my mug... It's time for tea... Who's making it?

Tori

14 comments:

jewelzmomof4 said...

I LOVE those Kettles. I like tea also and I always have liked those old style kettles. I also like your mug I think the funny mugs are a good way to start your day. My Grandma Hood when offered a cup of coffee se would always say "Just a half a cup" so while in New York or Washington DC I forgot which one I actually found her a cup that was litterally a half a cup. It was a cup that was cut in half and still useable lol. I had to get it for her. she liked it I think.

Intense Guy said...

Earl Grey, Hot?

:)

The Wife O Riley said...

I guess I'm confused. What other kind of kettles are there?

Love the mug. I think he's shocked because hot water was poured into him.

Tori_z said...

Jewelz:
Sounds like a cool cup. No good for me though... Not enough room for my cuppa! ;)

Iggy:
OK, will bear that in mind when the kettle next goes on. ;)

Wifey:
There are kettles that go on the cooker that don't whistle, and there are a couple of different kinds of electric kettles (some with plugs atatched to the kettle itself, others with their plugs atatched to bases you rest the kettle in). You also have the option of using a tea pot after either using one of the types of kettles, or after boiling water in a saucepan.

You could be right about the cup. :)

Celticspirit said...

I had one of those kettles years ago. These days I just put a cup of water in the microwave, heat it up and then throw in a tea bag. I'd like to get one of those tea balls and use loose tea. I like my tea with honey. How about you? Do you like honey or sugar in your tea? Milk?

Deanna said...

I love kettles and tea. And that mug is the best. I'd say I'll make it but others beat me to it!

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Depends on the kind of tea. If it's regular tea then sugar and milk. If it's herbal tea, just honey.

Deanna:
You can make the next cup. :)

AliceKay said...

I'm not a tea drinker, but the teapot and mug look really nice. My grandmother used to have a teapot that whistled quite loudly when the water got hot.

Wendyburd1 said...

I say it looks surprised!!

I can't drink normal tea, only herbal, as it is what my church says. I REALLY wanted to love it, so I bought a bunch of different sample boxes, and I HATE tea!! ONCE, only once, I had a chocolate mint tea that make me cry it was so good otherwise, tea, at least herbal, is gross to me, and I seriously wanted to like it! Sad. it must be because you are British and therefore, you liking it is the LAW! LOL!

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yep, that's what my kettle does. :)

Wendy:
Herbal tea is an aquired taste. I only like certain herbal teas. I think you could be right though... I think it's illegal for British people to not like tea. At least, women anyway. I've heard men say they don't like tea and nobody seemed bothered, but every time I've heard a woman say it - which doesn't happen often around here - people are as shocked as that mug. ;)

LadyStyx said...

Ohh I love my tea. Hot, cold, luke warm...doesn't matter the temperature. I used to love the English Breakfast tea but ever since my surgery in 2006, I haven't been able to drink many of the stronger teas. I do like lemon and honey in it occasionally. I used to use a Whistler tea kettle too, but I drink so much tea daily that it simply made sense to liberate my husband's never been used coffee maker.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Good idea with the coffee maker. :)

ChicagoLady said...

That's a cute mug. And the face definitely looks shocked, not screaming.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Chicago. :)