Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wintersmith

I recently listened to "Wintersmith" by Terry Pratchett.

It's the story of a young witch named "Tiffany" who accidentally ends up dancing with the Wintersmith in the place of Summer. The Wintersmith ends up falling in love with her and trries to make himself human for her, but since Tiffany has now replaced Summer she needs to find a way to stop him and bring an end to Winter. Because, if she doesn't, then Winter will never end. Not to mention the fact that Summer herself needs to be found, and have her powers - some of which Tiffany now has - restored to her in order to return the world to the way it should be.

It was a good book. Quite amusing in parts, but I wouldn't expect any less from a Terrry Pratchett book.

This is another of the books I borrowed from the library. But, unlike the book I reviewed this morning, this one made it on to my "books I want" list. And, on a scale of 1 to 10, this one gets a9.5! :)

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! A 9.5! Ok, I'm definitely going to check this one out. Thanks for the heads up.

Intense Guy said...

Always nice to find a "keeper".

:)

Celticspirit said...

You always find the neatest books to read!

Wendyburd1 said...

That sounds really neat, except that Tiffany can't be with Wintersmith then!

Tori_z said...

Wendy:
The thing about that is... It doesn't spoil the ending that she can't be with him. You should read it, then you'll understand what I mean. :)

Jessica♥ said...

sounds interesting.