Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Birthdays, Valhalla, reviews to come, and weather

First things first... Monday (October 5th) was AliceKay's birthday. So a belated happy birthday to her! Sorry I didn't get on to say, "happy birthday," before, AK! Hope you had a great day! :)

OK...

I've spent some time working on crafts (more on that at the end of the month) and playing on Valhalla. I've now gotten Keroberous up to level 10, Mahegan and Jahiro up to level 4, and created Nakota - a female Dwarf, who is a Fighter/Paladin/Healer - and gotten her up to level 4. When I play next I'll be working on Keroberous, because I want to get him caught up to Lunamyst (level 25). Once I pay for the full version of VIP mud (the programme used to play the game) I can play two characters at once - which is very useful for avoiding death - so I want to get Keroberous caught up to Lunamyst before I pay for the full version of VIP mud, then he can work with her. Nakota works well on her own, but the others are better at one thing or another so benifit from a companion. Lunamyst is great if she has mana, but runs out of it quickly, and Keroberous hits things well, but runs out of energy quickly. Also, Keroberous knows first aid, so would be a help at preventing Lunamyst from death (plus taking some of the hits for her, since he already has almost as many hit points as her, despite being 15 levels lower). In the same way, Mahegan is good at causing damage, but rubbish at blocking things, but Jahiro is a healer, so she can keep her hit points up, but is rubbish at causing damage. So, again, they would work well together. Like I said though, Nakota works well alone, since she can hit well, take damage well, and will - in a few levels - be able to access a few healing spells. So she can keep herself alive while still beating things up. The short version of this is... If you're still reading... I'm going to play Lunamyst and Keroberous together, and Jahiro and Mahegan together. Probably more Lunamyst and Keroberous for now though.

You still reading? Well, even if you're not, I'll carry on with the post! ;)


I watched a LONG movie - well, more of a TV series style movie, really - yesterday while working on crafts, and will post a review for that tomorrow. I have a couple more book reviews to post, but I've set them up for the weekend, since I wont really be around to create a post. As I've mentioned before, I'm not coming online, except if I end up spending some time on Valhalla with my brother, or want to check my e-mail.

Our weather's being weird. Mostly it's raining - which is normal for Wales - but every so often the rain suddenly stops... As though someone turned the water off... And it becomes lovely and sunny. Though not warm, since there's quite a chilly wind. Then - a little while later - someone turns the rain back on again, and it makes up for the time it didn't fall, if you know what I mean.

Hmm... I think that covers everything worth mentioning. Well, apart from the fact that Saturday (October 10th) is the birthday of a family friend's son - James - so, since I wont be around then, I thought I'd say, "happy birthday," to him today. He wont see the message, but at least I'll know I remembered to say it... And this birthday wish will be in time! ;)


Enjoy whatever's leftt of your day! :)


Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

How many levels does Valhalla have and what is the objective of the game? If Keroberous the first aider is as smart as Kero the dog, he should catch up to Lunamyst pretty quickly!

AliceKay said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Tori. *hugs* (my birthday was actually yesterday, October 6th)

Enjoy the game. Sounds a bit challenging to me.

Jessica♥ said...

I love crafts! What are you working on?

Deanna said...

You are so busy! That game sounds very confusing. Hope you have a wonderful weekend if I don't get to see you around between now and then.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I'm told it's practically infinate (I don't know if I spelled that right). I know I spoke to someone on there who'd been playing for a few years and had his character up to level 4444. So, I definately have a while to go yet.

AK:
I wasn't sure which it was. Most people seemed to be saying it on the 6th, but I seem to have you down as the 5th on my important dates page. Will have to fix that! Still, hope you had a great birthday! :)

Jess:
Christmas presents, items for a handmade giveaway I'm taking part in, and items for a Christmas fair a social group I've started attending is planning to run. If you check out my craft update for last month (last post for September... It should still be visible if you scroll down, if not it will only be on the next page) there's a bit more info on that. Alternatively... I'll be doing a craft update again in a couple of weeks, so there will be details then.

Deanna:
For someone not used to role playing type computer games, yes, it would be a difficult game. But where I've had - and, sometimes, been involved with - role playing games going on around me since I was really small (obviously not on the computer most of the time) I don't find it all that difficult most of the time. Some of the creatures are tough, and some of the quests are complicated. But no more so than they would be in a normal role playing game (like Dungeons and dragons). The main difference is that you have to ask advice from other players, and don't really have a dm to tell you which quest you should go do next.

LadyStyx said...

Keeps threatening to rain here, but never ends up doing it. Just bounces among the same 20 degrees and makes it impossible to feel any better.

Sounds like an interesting game. Im wondering if it's anything like some of those games on Facebook.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
I hate when the weather can't make its mind up.

I don't know... I've not really had any experience with the games on Facebook.