Monday, November 30, 2009

November 2009 craft update: wooly warmers, clay decorations, and random gifts

It's time for November 2009's craft update!

The first thing I want to show you is a photo of the clay ducks I made a while back, since they've FINALLY been painted. Actually, they've now been painted for a couple of weeks. I only say finally because I made them back in the Summer and it was late October/early November they actually got painted.



Kelly painted the ducks for me, but this next item was partly painted by Kelly, partly painted by my Mam. Kelly did the base coat, Mam finished it off.



Last month I mentioned the fact that I'd made three more Christmas tree ornaments. Well, here they are:



Yes, I know there are four things in the photo, but the Santa ornament was actually posted last month. It's just that it was beside the others, so it ended up included in the photo. The star, bell and tree are the ones I hadn't posted before, and they're the reason for the photo.

I also made another Christmasy ornament. This candle:



That's meant to be holly around the base of the candle.

And here's a photo of all the Christmasy ornaments now that they're painted.



I have finished making a couple of other items, but I haven't had a chance to sort photos for them yet. I'll tell you about them when I post photos of them in next month's craft update. Also, the dragon and the skull candle holder didn't end up included when photos were being taken, so I guess they're waiting for next month too. So, that's it for clay items for this month.

Now for the knitted items!

First of all, a hot water bottle cover I knitted for my Nan for Christmas (that Nan doesn't come on blogs - the one who used to be posting a lot was my Grandma - so she wont see it). Nan suffers badly from cold, and she takes a hot water bottle to bed most nights, so I thought it would be nice for her to have one with a cover instead of having to find something to wrap it in or something.




I also made a knitted hat, but I wont say who this is for, since that person does come and read my blog from time to time. Very rarely, but it's getting too close to Christmas for people to forget seeing items I've made them now. So, I'll keep quiet about who it's for.



I also made these fingerless gloves for someone (not saying who, but it's not the same person as the hat).



And this scarf is for the same person as the fingerless gloves.



I think that just about covers everything for this month. Like I said, I'll tell you about the items that I don't have photos for next month. There's plenty for you to see for this month anyway. ;)

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, stay safe, and stay warm! :)

Tori

7 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Everything looks great! I especially love that last picture of the scarf. Very pretty colors. That was nice of your hubby and Mom to paint those things for you. They came out looking good. I really wished I could be as motivated as you with crafting. I did finish my blankets I was making except for the fringe and now I'm working on a baby blanket for someone who is due in Jan.
Good job Tori! You are very creative. :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks Barb! :)

I don't always get things done quickly, but some of the items are Christmas presents, so I kind of need to get them done. Luckily, I don't like leaving things half finished for too long. Besides, the craft items give me something to do with my hands while watching TV, listening to audiobooks, or listening to the radio. My hands like to be busy.

Intense Guy said...

I agree with Barb, your craft items look marvelous!

My kudos to the paint crew too!

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy! :)

Deanna said...

My, my my! You've been a busy lady! All of the crafts are fantastic!

AliceKay said...

You've really been busy with your crafts. The ornaments look cool and the knitted crafts are very nice. I like the colors of the scarf, too. :)

Tori_z said...

Deanna:
Thanks! There's a bunch more stuff too, but they hadn't had their photos taken when I wrote up this post.

AK:
Thanks! :)