Friday, December 04, 2009

Kero's korner: my time with Willow

Hi humans!

I've been spending lots of time with Willow lately. She has some fun toys, so I played with some of them. I ate some of her treats as well... Mostly rawhide, I think. I did find a bone too, but we argued over that and the humans took it away, which neither of us thought was right. But all of the humans agreed it was the best thing to do, so we had to just put up with it. It's so unfair! Humans think they get to do what they want, just because they can walk on their hind legs and have more flexible paws than we do. Don't they know it's meant to be what we want that goes?


Anyway, I gave in and played with Willow a bit. I don't bounce about much, but she seems to want to do it almost all the time. I really don't know where all this energy she has comes from! I didn't have half that energy when I was her age! I get tired just watching her sometimes. But I figured I'd play with her for a while. We had a good bounce about, then I took a nap on the back of the sofa while she threw a teddy around the room, then caught it again. It was my teddy, but Mami said to leave her to it, because - apparently - Santa Paws is coming soon, and he's supposed to be bringing more toys. So that's OK. If I remember rightly, he brings treats too! I'm sure that's what happened last year. I think Mami said he comes in three weeks.

I had walkies with Willow too. We walked by her house, so I had lots of stuff to sniff that I haven't sniffed in a very long time. It was nice to have doggy company for my walkies. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade Mami's company for anything, but having another dog along for the walk is just awesome! I mean, if it weren't for her, I'd have missed a good sniffing spot this morning! Humans just don't notice things like that. I think it's those funny little noses you humans have... They just don't smell things as well as doggy noses do. It's not your fault. In fact, I feel sorry for you humans... You miss out on so many good smells with those tiny little noses.


Oh yeah, and I also taught Willow how to tell the humans when someone's at the door. She didn't know you were meant to bark when someone knocked at the door, or rang the doorbell. It's OK though, she does now. I bet Mamgu and Dadci are really pleased with me for teaching her that! Now they'll never miss knowing someone's at the door... Especially with that big, booming bark Willow has!

OK, well, I want to grab a quick nap before food time, so I'll let this do for this week.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

LOL! I can imagine that Willow has one deep window rattling bark! I certainly hope your Mamgu and Dadci see your teaching Willow how to announce visiters ... such a nice thing to do!

Oh, Kero? Please tell you Mam that she made a very excellent point in her comment over at my place. I decided to see about some gigs being performed at the nursing home during other times of the year. I know for July 4 patriotic songs would be nice... I'm sure there are other times - like Peter Cottontail time for one. You got a smart Mam. :)

Licks and sniffs,

Iggy

Deanna said...

Those humans are such bullies. And here you are doing nice things, like teaching Willow to announce visitors. And you keep on loving them, even though they obviously don't appreciate you!

Tori_z said...

Good idea Iggy. And thanks! :)

Kero said...

Thank you both for the comments. Yes, that was nice of me to teach Willow to announce visitors, wasn't it?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

AliceKay said...

Way to go, Kero. I bet Mamgu and Dadci are very pleased now that Willow can let them know when someone is at their door. LOL

Woohoo...Santa Paws is coming to town soon! :)

(don't tell Mami i told you this, but it's snowing where i live right at this very moment)

Tori_z said...

*Kero wags his tail excitedly at the mention of Santa Paws and snow*