Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday's fragmented thoughts

The weather's not been too bad here over the past week. It's rained some, and we've had some quite frosty mornings, but it's not been too bad. This has meant that we've been able to take Kero and Willow out most days. We even took them to the park on Monday after dinner.

Most of the other times I've been places have been for shopping. I wont be going to do the big shop with Mam and Dad each time now though. We've agreed it's easier all round if I don't go shopping with them. Besides, I hate shopping so I'm quite happy to stay at home instead.


I did go to the gym with Mam on Monday though, but not for a workout. I went to take photos for her. She'll be posting the photos on her blog some time in the not too distant future. I stopped going to the gym for a workout, because... Well, there were a couple of reasons. I may have mentioned them at the time, but I can't remember, so I'll say now. For one thing I felt that having to help me work the machines was making it difficult for Mam to have her workout properly. For another thing other gym members kept stopping their workouts in order to watch me use the machines. It seemed to fascinate them that a blind person was using the machines, and I hated it. I was told that it could have been arranged that I went at a time when others weren't there, but I didn't want special arrangements made for me, so I just stopped going, and cancelled the payments.

We've been working on clearing out some clutter at the house and packing up some bits at the flat. Both places aren't exactly as tidy as they should be right now, but we're getting there.

Going to let this do for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, stay warm, and stay safe!

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I'm sorry they made you uncomfortable at the health club. You would think people could just focus on their workouts.

But then - you are pretty amazing.

:)

Deanna said...

It is a shame about the gym but I can understand how that would make you uncomfortable.

And I agree with Iggy 100% - you are totally amazing!

:)

AliceKay said...

And I agree with both Iggy and Deanna - you are amazing. :)

*hugs*

Toriz said...

*Blushes*

LadyStyx said...

*chimes in a 4th "You're amazing"* But I agree with iggy, they needed to be concentrating on their own work outs.

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Iagree too. And, thanks!