Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Invisible

After an attack leaves him in limbo -- invisible to the living and also near death -- a teenager discovers the only person who might be able to help him is his attacker.

(Above taken from here).

This was a weird movie, with an ending that left many questions unanswered. And which - in my opinion - made no sense. It started off well, and it looked promising. But that didn't last. It wasn't that the actors didn't play their parts well, because they did. No. The issue was the story itself and the gaping holes that seemed to have been left in the plot. So few things were explained that it ended up being a disappointment. It was an interesting idea... Teenager saved by the person who caused him to be in danger... Something in the irony of that made the movie sound like it was going to be a good one. And, as I said, it was at first. It might have stayed that way if they tied up all the loose ends properly, and helped us to find the answers to all the questions raised during the movie.

Not one I'd recommend, personally.

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Its a shame they didn't close up the movie properly. I find being left hanging really annoying.

:)

Hugs - glad to hear you are feeling better.

AliceKay said...

It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to watch.

*hugs to you*

Wendyburd1 said...

Really? I LIKED this move ALOT! I own it, lol! Yeah there are some unanswered questions but I like the mystery of will they find him, and that she was the only one who could bring him back. She was the one who did this to him, so it took her dying to give HIM back his life. And she finally did something her brother could be PROUD of. I am a fan, I am sorry! LOL!

It is better than the Denamrk version where I read that the BF Pete dies after the suicide attempt, and Annie turns herself in to be set free and to make Nick be free too, she turns his life support off, so he dies too. The US version makes me so glad they did not end it like that!
The Denamrk one is based on a book but it is in Swedish or German so I can't find out how IT ended so far in my searches.

Toriz said...

Wendy:
It was just that the ending didn't make much sense to me. It makes more sense the way you explained it though.