Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why chickens live outside (AED)

"There's nobody here but us chickens," is the usual reply that I get from Kelly when I call out, "is anyone home?" when I get back from anywhere. He said it once, and I found it amusing, so now he says it to make me laugh. At least, I assume that's why he keeps it up.

Anyway, the other day...

Me: "Is anyone home?"
Kelly: "There's nobody here but us chickens!"
Me: "Why are the chickens indoors?"
Kelly: "They just are."
Me: "But chickens stay outside."
Kelly: "Not always."
Me: "Yes, they do. And, you know why?"
Kelly: "Why?"
Me: "Because of all the feathers... They don't like to vaccume, and they'd have to if they were indoors."

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Makes sense to me!

Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Celticspirit said...

And I thought the chickens were inside because the could not stand the heat and like to sit on the recliner with the AC running and watch Foghorn Leghorn!

MarmiteToasty said...

picking Janet up, who is sitting at my feet, to read your post, so she knows she shouldnt be in the house LMFAO.....

shooo Janet shooooo get back out into the back garden and act like a chicken :)

x

Intense Guy said...

So if I have read this silly thing right... Kelly is like Foghorn Leghorn, on a recliner?

:)

You are so silly... :) I likes that.

Deanna said...

LOL. I don't like to vacuum feathers either ;)

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad it makes sense to you. Yeah, I had a good Sunday. :)

Barb:
LOL! Not in this country. Very few places have AC here.

Toasty:
Did she listen? LOL!

Iggy:
Nah, he couldn't see his PC monitor from that sort of position. LOL!

Deanna:
Hmm... Does that mean you're a chicken too? LOL!