Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gwydion's Sunday squeaks: what's going on? (FD)

Hi humans, this is Gwydion again.

I don't have the faintest idea what's going on around here, but my house kept moving this week. No, really. I got moved around so I didn't have my house in my little protected corner, and some people were there doing something. Then my Mami got all snarly about something, and Dadi and one of them other people picked up my cage and took it in to the house. I then spent the night staring at one of those bed things in the spare room. Mami said it was, "the only safe place for tonight," but I'm not sure what that meant.

The next day Dadi and Mami carried my cage back outside, so there was lots of bumping about, since Mami couldn't use her hands to look where she was going while also using them to hold my cage. Also, since Dadi is lots taller than Mami, so was holding my cage higher up than Mami could, my cage was a bit slopey, and I was sliding about a little.

My Mami did check on me when my cage was nicely back where it belonged, but by that time I was scared and cross, so I just told her to go away, and hid in the corner. A little while later she brought some salad out to me though, so I gave her a much warmer reception, and allowed her to pet me. It took until the following morning before I would allow her to pick me up though. I love cuddles, but humans who make strange things happen to poor, unsuspecting, sweet guinea pigs like myself, don't deserve cuddle times! And these humans have to know their places, and that they are meant to be my human slaves... Here for my comfort and happiness. Not here to make me slide about in my house, and be in a strange room all night instead of in my very own spot in the garden.

I need to go eat... That will make me feel better, I'm sure!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Yes, I'm sure eating will make you feel better. I hope the cage moving about is all done now so you won't have to slide around in your cage. (i'm sure they only moved your cage because they had to...for your own safety...gotta remember that, Gwydion)

Hope you have a better week this week. :)

Deanna said...

I would be a bit unhappy if my house kept getting moved around too! Poor baby. Hope all is quiet in your world now. At least you got some yummy lettuce out of the deal. Glad you warmed back up to Mami!

Rita said...

I think I know how you feel. I get shoved into my stroller and bounced down the stairs and have to sit in the garage...and all for no reason..well, there's a sudden loud scary noise. Makes no sense at all and I am upset for the rest of the day, at least. Apparently the humans have our best interests in mind. I have to trust mine. I do. But that doesn't mean I don't complain about it. Hope you are feeling better and settled in again.
Love, Karma

Intense Guy said...

Maybe they were doing some earthquake emergency training? You never know with us crazy humans - but I just know your mam had your best interests at heart and she wasn't happy with you getting banged around.

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Thank you all! Things seem to be quieter around here now... Thankfully!


Karma:
That sounds terrible! You poor cat!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion