Saturday, October 02, 2010

Kinda FD and kinda R/WP update

If I haven't gotten to your blogs yet, then sorry. I have been trying to not get too far behind on blog posts, but between everything going on at the moment, my determination to still get my craft projects done, and the fact that Blogger seems to have been having some issues lately, it appears to be next to impossible to keep up with things properly at the moment.

The good news is that the council did give me the full £250, so I've finally been able to order a new cooker, which will be coming next Wednesday. I'm pleased about that, since I miss my cooker, and also because it will be a brand new one. I've had "as new" ones before, but never a "brand new, never owned by anyone, fresh from the manufacturer" cooker. So finally having a completely new one is exciting to me. Especially after all the time I've spent without a properly working cooker. I wanted to get it sooner, but I kept being just a little short for the amount for the one I wanted, and I wasn't prepared to settle for having just whatever - after all, I had the microwave to cook with - but with that money from the council I can finally get my cooker. And they did say that although it's officially for decorating, it's up to me what I spend it on. And at least it is something for the house (OK, flat) that I'm buying. I bet plenty of people who got the payment spent it on stuff that wasn't even for the house. And the only reason I wasn't prepared to settle for anything other than the cooker I wanted, was because of the fact I was finally getting a brand new cooker, so I wanted it to be one I like and want. After all, in theory I will have this cooker in my kitchen for several years.

The other news is that my parents have seporated. I'm not 100% sure that it's entirely a "bad news" situation though. I mean, on the one hand, it's a bad/sad thing, because it's a shame, and people seporating after several years together is never a good thing. On the other hand, they have been practically living separate lives for some time, and they have been drifting apart more and more recently, so perhaps it's not entirely a bad thing, because they might as well make it official and live their seporate lives properly. If you know what I mean. I'm sure that fact doesn't make it any easier for them to deal with the fact that after all this time it's over between them, but it's the truth, and it - perhaps - holds some potential for comfort in an otherwise bad/sad situation.

In a way, the parental seporation is partially behind my lack of contribution on the blogs at the moment. Not because either of my parents is demanding of my time or anything, but because I don't feel that day to day life at the moment should be published on my blog, so I've set up a bunch of movie reviews to publish each day. And - though I read your blogs each day - sometimes I just don't feel like commenting. Or, there will be something I intend doing soon, so I don't bother signing in to comment, since I feel bad if I get to some blogs and not others (which is what happened yesterday).

This seems to be turning in to a ranting, whining sort of post, and I was actually trying to avoid doing that (though I did warn you in the title) so I think I will let this do for now. Besides, I need to feed the boys, sort a few chores, and then I have plans for "hopefully" getting to blogs that I didn't get to yesterday, and doing more crafts.

I hope you have a great weekend, and that October is a good month for you so far!

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your parents. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for them and it hasn't been easy for their children. I can understand about the drifting part, believe me. I'll keep both of them in my thoughts and prayers, Tori, as well as you and the rest of your family.

Second, I'm glad to hear you're finally getting a brand new cooker. I think you deserve one after all of these years. You'll enjoy it and everything you cook in it.

Don't worry about keeping up with blogs. You have a lot on your plate right now.

*hugs*

Rita said...

It doesn't matter how old you are, it is hard when your parents split up. Even if you know it is the right thing for them to do, it is still difficult--for everybody. Take all the time you need. *hugs*

So exciting to have a brand new cooker. (I take it that's what we would call a stove.) You'll have it for years and years, so you might as well get what you really want--yes!! Nice to have something cheery to look forward to--just in time for the cold months, too. I always want to bake and cook more when it gets cold out. Nothing like the smell of simmering homemade soup or bread in the oven on a cold day.

Don't worry about catching up with the blogs. Just knowing you read them, even if you don't comment--that's super with me. I'm glad you even take the time to stop by and see me and Miss Karma any time you are able to. :):)

PS
You didn't sound ranty or whiney to me. ;)

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks! *Hugs*

Rita:
Yes, a cooker is what you call a stove. I meant to point that out. I'm used to some of the alternative English words for things... It comes with marrying a Canadian. ;)

I love the smell of home cooked food. And - I agree - there's just something about cold Winter days/evenings that cry out for more baking to be done.

I thought I started to rant and whine a little towards the end - rant more than anything - so I figured I'd throw in the warning to apologize ahead of time to anyone who agreed. ;)

And, by the way... Thanks!

Intense Guy said...

Hugs.

I'm happy to hear about the cooker and sad to hear about your parents.

Life is like that huh?

Keeps you centered and balanced.

Hope the new cooker cooks many a memorable meal.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, that's the way life goes... Takes with one hand, gives with another.