Saturday, November 13, 2010

6 weeks from today...

You probably don't want to hear this, but... 6 weeks from today is Christmas day. I know this without counting the weeks, because I know that Christmas day is exactly 6 weeks after my birthday. And since that's today... The only thing is... I'm so not ready for Christmas this year! Even my birthday snuck up on me a bit this year. All of a sudden it was almost Carl's birthday (4 weeks ago today) and then, all of a sudden, my birthday is here! I've hardly even scratched the surface on Christmas shopping... Usually by now I've at least got half of it done. I guess where so much has been going on this year the time got away from me? That must be it! Whether it is or not though, I really need to get my backside in gear with some Christmas shopping, before I end up being one of those people rushing around to do last minute shopping on Christmas Eve (which I'd rather not do, since if I go out Christmas Eve, I want it to be because I want to, not because I have no choice due to lack of presents for people). I've been seriously disorganized this year in general... I hope it's not a habit I'm forming, since I usually like to keep organized. No, we'll blame the rather eventful year I've had. Yes, that's it... Probably due to all the chaos from moving back home with my parents, then moving back, then the council work, then... Well, you get the idea! I'm sure that's it. But, anyway, guess what I'm doing next week? Yes, that's right... Christmas shopping! ;)

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Well....my comment disappeared in la-la land again (preview mode so it's gone bye bye) but I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday. Maybe someone can light off some fireworks for you tonight to help you celebrate. :)

The other part of the comment was about Christmas.....maybe that's why it disappeared. LOL Have fun shopping next week. Happy Birthday!

*remembers to copy this comment before hitting preview or publish*

Toriz said...

Thanks AK. And, glad your comment published second attempt! ;)

No fireworks definately happening tonight - which is a shame - but there "might" be some. You never know, right? *Looks hopeful*

(Just don't tell Kero and Gwydion that I'm hoping for fireworks).

Rita said...

Happy, happy birthday!! :):):)

Six weeks! Time has been flying for me, too, this year. At least we are doing good on the Christmas cards and shouldn't have any trouble getting them done in time to mail. I sail along after Halloween till New Years--humming and singing and smiling. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks Rita! :)

I'm glad your card making is going so well, and that you'll have them sent out on time. :)

Intense Guy said...

Lalalalalalalalalalaaaa no I don't wanna hear this... LALALALALalalalala

LOL!

I heard my older brother say he was coming to visit me and the rest of the family today for Christmas! That's like a present all by itself!

Toriz said...

LOL Iggy!

Yeah, that's the best kind of present... A visit from a family member you don't see much, or good friend is better than a whole pile of stuff from a shop/store. Sure, the "stuff" is nice too. But time with family and friends is more special!