Friday, December 17, 2010

Furkid Friday: Santa Paws and snow

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

I'm really excited and waggy tailed... Santa Paws is coming really soon... Mami says next week! There are presents under the tree, and some of them smell like they might be doggy presents! You know what that means? That means that soon Santa Paws will come to fill up the stockings, and after he does that we will be allowed to see what's in all those interesting smelling, brightly coloured packages under the tree! And, guess what else? Dadi got a ham the other day, and Mami and Dadi say that after we have the presents it will get cooked, and then I will get to have some of it for my Christmas dinner! Isn't that great? Gwydion still doesn't get what the excitement is all about, but I'm sure I smell guinea pig treats among the presents, so maybe he'll be a bit more excited when he discovers he has lots of treats? I'm not bothered though... I'm excited enough for the two of us!

You should see all the snow that's in our garden now! When we got up in the night there was only a couple of inches, but now there's at least a foot of it, and it's still coming down. If it gets any deeper I'm going to have trouble going out in the garden. That doesn't stop me going out there to roll in the snow though! Oh, and if you're wondering, Mami says it's fine if there's all this snow when Santa Paws is due to come, because apparently where he lives there's loads more than this, plus she said something about flying reindeer... Whatever they are!

Excited licks and sniffs,
Kero

7 comments:

Aunt of 14 said...

I bought a little budda rabbit for Buddy. Unfortuntaely he saw me take it out of the box and put it on top of my bookcase. His eyes have not left that spot ever since!

Rita said...

That's too deep for me to walk in, but I hear dogs love to leap and jump into snow--so have fun, Kero! I love to eat it and bat at it with my paw. I do find it fascinating, but I get cold out there on the porch.

Who's this Santy Paws? Ooops--my Rita wants to close the computer.
Love, Karma

Intense Guy said...

Giggles...

Umm... Kero... Santa Paws comes down the chimney from the roof - its very important that the fireplace be unblocked!! And that you live the cookies and milk Mami sets out for him alone.. ok?

AliceKay said...

Yeah, you better leave the milk and cookies alone. I heard Santa Paws gets a bit upset if he sees dog bites on them.

Enjoy the snow (and keep it over there). :)

Deanna said...

Definitely leave the cookies alone if they have chocolate chips in them! Are you sure you've been good enough for Santa Paws to visit you. Dumb question. Of course you have been!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Kero spotted me wrapping a toy for him, and now keeps sitting by the tree and whimpering at it like doing so will make it come out and unwrap itself. He knows not to touch the presents, but he's really empted. Bless him!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Karma:
Yes, jumping about in snow, rolling about in it, etc, is really fun. It's even gotten a bit deep for me now though. When the snow gets deeper than you are tall, it's time to stick to the parts where the humans cleared paths. I did try to go in the other bits of snow, but I ended up getting stuck and needed to be rescued.

To be honest, I'm not too sure who Santa Paws is. All I know for sure is that he's supposed to show up each year and leave something special for furkids who have been good. Perhaps something extra will appear in your dish from him?

Iggy:
It's OK. I know not to help myself to anything from plates and cups not put on the floor. If they're on the floor, they're fair game, but if they're not then I know I get in trouble for touching them.

AK:
I promise not to send you the snow.

Deanna:
Mami asked me if I thought I'd been a good enough dog for Santa Paws to come. I flattened my ears back and gave her my, "was I bad then?" whimper. So she gave me a hug and told me that it was OK, and that I had been a good enough dog for Santa Paws to bring me stuff this year. I must be a very good boy, because he's never missed a year yet!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero