Thursday, February 03, 2011

Max's blanket

I finished Max's blanket on Monday, Kelly helped me to grab these photos of it, and Iggy sorted them for me. There are two photos because where we could get decent light to take the photos there wasn't much room for Kelly to move away from where I was, so to show the two different coloured thick stripes I knitted through it he took a photo of each end. Normally we'd wait until the next day to use the light of day so we could have more options of places to take the photo, but the following morning (Tuesday) Mam was hoping to pick the blanket up to give it to Jane, for Jane to give it to Pia. If I hadn't finished it she would have come for it another day, but since I had, then she wanted to pick it up. Anyway, here are the two photos of the blanket I knitted for Max:




Sometimes photos don't show colours well, so I'll tell you that it's meant to be lemon coloured, with a mint green stripe and a blue stripe through it. There's also a little gold trim at each end, but I'm not sure if you can see that in the photos or not. I couldn't decide whether to do the stripes mint green or blue, hence doing one of each, and I thought the little bit of gold trim at each end would be a nice little touch. I mean, how often do you get to knit with gold wool?

Anyway, Pia hasn't actually got it yet (she gets it either later today, or some time tomorrow). But, I'll let you know what she thinks of it when she gets to see it. I hope she likes it as much as she liked Emma-Jane's blanket!

I'm now back to working on the blanket I'm knitting for myself.

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

That blanket looks marvelous - the photo colors came out pretty well.

Max can grow to be a fairly large boy and the blanket will still fit!!

:) Hope your blanket comes along nicely - what colors do you think you will use?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
That's the idea... So he can use it for a while. He should be able to cuddle up under it at least until he's about 5 or so.

My blanket is red and blue, I'm alternating between the two colours each time I use up a ball of wool. I do actually have it more than half done now, and managed to get a bit done over the past couple of days.

AliceKay said...

Great job, Tori. Looks like a super blanket for Max. Very colorful, too. I'm sure Max will enjoy it for a long time.

Enjoy working on your own blanket and have a great day.

Toriz said...

Thanks AK! :)

Deanna said...

Girl, that is a great blanket! You do wonderful work. Those colors are good for a baby, but will also work for a young child. Great job! They are going to love it.

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna! :)

Rita said...

What a cheery, colorful blanket! Looks soft and cuddly--should love it! Nice work!

Honestly, looks like you do such nice even stitches. I wasn't the best at that when I used to knit. You do very nice work, Tori.

And now--be waiting to see the one you finally finish for yourself. ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks! :)


Funny thing is... I never used to be all that good at knitting. Then - after I lost my sight completely - I was looking for things I could do, and I figured I'd have another go. Turns out I do a better job now that I can't see what I'm doing. How weird is that? *Shrugs*

I'm hoping to get my blanket done within the next month or so, because I already have orders for another blanket and a throw (still a blanket really, but it's going to be used to go over the back of a sofa for decoration more than anything). I do eventually plan on making some other bits and pieces besides blankets. Like, I plan on making myself a hat, scarf and gloves set, and I'd like to make Emma-Jane a teddy of some sort for next Christmas. But first I need to finish my blanket, then fill the orders. ;)

Rita said...

That's it! Knitting is all about yarn tension to get those even stitches. *light bulb going off over here* Well, I'll be darned. I bet you didn't know you would have such an advantage--hehe! Always a silver lining, right? ;)

Toriz said...

*Nods at Rita*

LOL @ "I'll be darned" interesting choice of phrase there! ;)