Friday, March 04, 2011

Furkid Friday: More guinea pig grumbles (FD)

Hi humans, it's Gwydion here again.

Well, these humans of mine are not behaving correctly! They still refuse point blank to give in to my demands for more veggies! The Mami human even went as far as to point out that I had a big fat tummy, which would only get bigger if I was fed on demand! How rude! Then she put me down on the floor and tried to persuade me to run around a bit. She's done it regularly, but I keep being too scared to move more than a few steps. When I once again refused to run around, she picked me back up and said, "if you'd run around a bit more, then I wouldn't be so mean and refuse you extra veggies." See! She even knows she's being mean! Who does she think she is? I tell you, this kind of service just isn't good enough! Kero tells me I should think about how good we have it, and think about the fact I get all the things I do get. He says I should be happy with my bowl of dried food, bowl of veggies, handful of treats, and unlimited supply of hay each day. Apparently not all guinea pigs even get that much. He says he heard the humans talking about some rabbits, for example, who just get a bowl of dried food between them each day, and veggies as treats a couple of times a week. I told him I thought he was just making it up to get me to quit... That he's obviously just siding with the humans. He insists hhe isn't though. Don't get me wrong, I do love these humans. They give great cuddles, supply me with a clean, warm cage and toys, brush me regularly, feed me every day without fail, change my water bottle regularly, etc. I just wish someone would teach them that I am the one in charge, and they should bow down to my demands. Those demands being an unlimited supply of fresh veggies as and when I weak for them, and all the treats I can eat!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

9 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I better get to work on making some little guinea pig sized "On Strike" signs so you can protest properly. Perhaps you and Kero can perform a protest march or sit-in?

:)

Goofy Gwyddy... you don't know how good you got it...

Deanna said...

LOL Iggy I was thinking Gwydie needs to go on strike. You beat me to it.

I guess you can withhold those snuggles, but I don't think it would work Gwyd. You really do have it good. Just get off your tush and run around a little - what could it hurt? And then you'd get your treats!

Hugs and Squeaks.

Rita said...

Nope! Kero is not lying. There are guinea pigs out there who don't have it is wonderful as you do. I personally know of guinea pigs who had never even seen fresh hay--ever. I think you may have forgotten how cold and wet it was outside. Yes, you are loved well. ;)

Deanna said...

Hey Tori. My post today is pictures. So I thought I'd try to describe them so you can guess. There is salt, a whisk, a number of wooden spoons, a cup of coffee, flour, sugar, baking powder, 6 pyrex type bowls with ingredients in them, butter, and a pan with broth and chicken in it.

My question is what cannot I do without when I cook. Hugs

Lynn said...

I never did have a guinea pig before, but I heard they sure make good pets :o) I bet he is a cutie.

AliceKay said...

You have it pretty good, Gwydion. I think your Mami human thinks an awful lot of you and treats you pretty well. (only a few steps, eh?)

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Yes, he's a real cutie. Full of attitude though! If anyone ever says that guinea pigs aren't interesting pets, tell them to come and see Gwydion... He'll soon have them seeing just how much personality a guinea pig can have! ;)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Iggy:
Those signs could be useful... Thanks!


Deanna:
I just can't be bothered with running around. I do a little excitable dash about in my cage when I see my food bowl coming, or Mami coming with bits of fruit when she plans on sharing her fruity snack with me, but beyond that I see no reason to run anywhere.


Rita:
Really? Not even fresh hay! (Mami says she's heard of things like that too, but I haven't).

I guess with the warmth of being inside it hasn't taken me long to forget how cold it was out there...

AK:
Yes, just a few steps. Mami's tried convincing me to do more, but I just wont. Kero's even tried nudging me forward, but all that does is make the humans say, "gently," to him, and make me slide across the floor a tiny bit.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Sorry, I meant to reply to your comment when I was replying to Lynn's comment.

Thanks for the descriptions of the photos. From the fact it's the odd one out I'd guess coffee, but... Well, I could be wrong! I guess I'll find out when I look at your blog after! :)