Thursday, March 03, 2011

What's on TV for me?

Since I've been reviewing things, I figured I would tell you about some of my favourite TV shows. I mentioned Rugrats not long ago, so now I figured I'd tell you about some of the other shows I like to watch:

I've watched the Duggar family grow from 14 children to 19 children. I enjoy watching them, because I think they're a wonderful family. I would love a big family who are close like that. Probably not one that big... I think 6 children would be enough... But I can see why they just keep on having children, and think their children are very well behaved, and seem to be very happy.

I'm also a big fan of Supernanny and watch it all the time. I'm hoping to pick up a few tips for when - or if - I have my own children.

I enjoy Charmed and Friends so much that even though they finished years ago I still watch the episodes whenever I'm not doing anything and I know they're on TV. I've seen every episode - especially the Friends episodes - several times, but they just don't seem to become boring to me!

Another favourite of mine is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which I haven't seen all the episodes of, since I've missed several in various points throughout the various series, but one day - perhaps - I'll finally get to see the ones I've missed.

Then, of course, there's The Simpsons. I love that family of yellow idiots!

There are several other things I enjoy watching, but those are my favourites.

8 comments:

Rita said...

I usually watched Friends when it was on and I watch the original CSI but not the other ones. I haven't seen The Duggar Family series, but I watched a special about them a few years back. Even before they became famous they owed nothing to anyone (unlike that poor crazy Octomom girl). The family seems very loving and the kids appear to be well-bred, as we used to say. They seemed very well mannered, polite, and happy. I just worry that the mom is going to kill herself if she has any more. I hope they are done now.

My newest favorite comedy is The Big Bang Theory. I enjoy The Mentalist, Castle, Harry's Law, and Detroit 1-8-7. Watch a lot of shows on PBS and, sadly, still watch a few of the reality shows out of old habit--Survivor, Big Brother, American Idol, and Amazing Race. I keep saying I am not going to watch them and then I end up peeking at them--especially toward the end.

Yes--I think six children would be plenty! ;)

AliceKay said...

Two kids were enough for me. LOL

You have a wide variety of favorite TV shows. I have a few I watch on a regular basis, but not as many as I used to.

Intense Guy said...

I enjoy The Big Bang Theory too - but I seem to have truned into a "Nick at Night" fan...

SpongeBob, Rugrats, 1-2-3 Penguins...

Three Stooges...

A couple cooking shows on PBS...

...and a rare Masterpiece Theater special does it for me.

Toriz said...

Rita:
The version of CSI I prefer is the original too... The others are good, but the original CSI is best!

Yeah... That has to be tiring on her body carrying all those kids!

I never could get in to "Big Brother" "American Idol" and all those kinds of shows. I tried to - because others were watching them and making such a fuss - but I always got bored of them quickly.

AK:
LOL! Fair enough! Mind you, I could end up saying that if I get to having two kids too! ;)

Iggy:
Being a fan of Rugrats and SpongeBob and shows like that is a good thing in my books! ;)

I was watching SpongeBob just yesterday, actually. That show always makes me think of you now!

Lynn said...

I loved Rugrats but they dont come on anymore here well regular tv anyways, we dont have cable or anything like that. Sometimes I would watch Supernanny but when the kids were really crazy I just had to turn the channel because my nerves would get frayed LOL And Friends well I just loved them also!! I hope you are having a good week :o)

Toriz said...

Lynn:
You can get Rugrats on DVD now. That's how I watch it a lot of the time these days, because it's hardly ever on any more! :(

Furry Bottoms said...

I love the supernanny! It just blows the mind how some families think they function the way they do... and I'm always learning something new!

Friends, that one is already a classic. I love that show, wish there was something like it nowdays.

Toriz said...

*Nods in agreement with Nikki*