Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Time, workmen, McDonalds, Emma-Jane, scarves and blogs (FD)

Can you believe we're already in to the second day of March? What happened? Where did the time go? Did someone set the clock on fast forward again? Own up... Who did it? Was it you?

Seriously though...

It hasn't been nearly as noisy here the past couple of days. It's been noisy enough that you can be left in no doubt that the workmen are out there, but quiet enough that I can hear what I'm trying to hear, so actually have the option to do whatever I want rather than being forced to just do what can be done without being able to hear, if you know what I mean. I'm told that the workmen are almost done with the work they're doing out there. I hope so! I also hope they don't need to come back for a very, very long time!

I spent the day with Mam and Emma-Jane yesterday. We went to run an errand that Mam needed to run, then went to McDonalds, where Emma-Jane enjoyed a chicken nugget happy meal, Mam had some other chicken meal, and I had a veggie burger with chips/fries (the only vegetarian option they do as a meal once breakfasts stop). And after that we went and spent the afternoon at Mam's place with Wayne and Willow.

Emma-Jane is getting really big, and really smart. She can walk properly - though she keeps falling due to attempting to run and not getting it quite right - and she already says loads of things. Like how she will say, "star," is you start singing, "twinkle, twinkle, little..." then stop for her to complete the line (she also does the last word of each of the other lines in the song). She can't string more than two words together yet, but I think she's doing fantastically for a baby of her age (she's about 11 and a half months old now). I mean, she can manage to string together two word sentences, like, "good girl," and "what's that?" which is good for a baby of her age, I think. I also love how if you pick her up - or bend down to her - and say, "love you," she'll give you a kiss, then give you a hug while saying, "awwww!" (often adding another kiss afterwards).

I did get a photo yesterday... Mam took it on her mobile phone and sent it to mine via bluetooth, then I e-mailed it to myself so as to get it on to my laptop... But I haven't had a chance to ask someone to sort it out for me yet, so I'll post it on here another time.

Anyway...

After I got home I basically just walked Kero, had some food, watched some TV for a bit, then went to bed. Yep... Still sleeping at night (at the moment).

As of yesterday I've added another project to my to do list... Louise (Emma-Jane's Mother) spotted a scarf I'd made my Mam when she was fetching Emma-Jane yesterday, and she asked if I'd make her one, so I said I would. Scarves knit up pretty quickly anyway. I just have to grab the right colours, because I'm out of the two pinks I used in it, and she wants it the same colours as Mam's one was knitted in. I also used a couple of different stitches to make a bit of a pattern with it, so I'll have to borrow the scarf off my Mam to see what I did. I meant to bring it home with me yesterday, actually, but I completely forgot about it until it was too late and I was at home. I'm seeing Mam tomorrow though, so maybe she can bring it with her then? If not, then there's plenty of time for her to get it to me before I'm ready to do it, since I need to finish Mam's throw(s) first anyway. I can't promise it will be 100% the same, but I'll do my best to make it as close as I possibly can to Mam's one for her.

Anyway...

As for today... Well, today I've just been alternating between working on my knitting projects, and catching up on the blog posts I didn't get a chance to read yesterday. I'm terrible for getting at least a day or so behind on blog posts lately... Sorry about that!

So, that has basically been what's happened the past couple of days. Well, other than boring things like housework, which I'm sure you don't really want to hear about.

9 comments:

Rita said...

I'm glad the workmen have been a bit quieter and you've been sleeping at night! Me, too! :)

EmmaJane sounds like such a smart and sweet little girl. Can hardly wait to see the picture.

You have quite a bit of knitting ahead of you. Such a compliment for people to be asking you for your creative services, eh? :)

Sometimes I keep up well with blogs and sometimes I seem to be behind for a while. I think we all are understanding about that. We get busy or don't feel well (or sleep well--hehe!)--life can get in the way of blog intentions--ROFL! No worries! :):)

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you had a fun day with your Mam and Emma-Jane. And yes, she sure sounds like a very smart little girl. Kids learn things so quickly these days.

I'm sure Louise will love the scarf you're making for her. :)

Housework is a bad word. I try not to use it (or do it) often. LOL

Hope you had a good Wednesday!

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like the workmen are "painting" the sealant on the building if they've gotten quieter - that will be good since it is the final step (well, removing the scaffolding is really the last step).

You've been a knitting machine! I can sort pictures again -

*pats Kero on the head and gives Gwyddy a bit of fresh lettuce*

Toriz said...

Rita:
Good to hear you've been sleeping at night too! :)

Well, I think she's smart and sweet anyway! :)


Yes... Always feels good to have stuff requested! :)

*Nods* Yes, there have been a lot of things going on to stop a lot of people blogging lately.

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, it was a pretty good day! :)


I hope she does like the scarf!


LOL! I hate the word too! ;)

Iggy:
Yes, I think you could be right. I hope so, because it means they'll be taking down the scaffolding and going away soon, and that would be nice!

Thanks (about the photos).

:)

Lynn said...

Im lucky if I do a blog post once a week so dont apologize. I sure hope I can start crafting again, since starting my job I just dont seem to have time and it really does break my heart, I just walk into my craft room sometimes and stare around and say hello to it, I have a couple of unfinished projects that stare back at me like are you ever gonna finish us LOL

Toriz said...

Lynn:
LOL! Well, hopefully one of these days you can get some time to finish the poor neglected projects! :)

Deanna said...

Hmmmm. I don't believe the McDonalds here offer veggie burgers.

Glad the workmen weren't so loud. Hopefully they are about done!

Emma Jane sounds amazing. Walking at 11 months is really good. And she is talking a lot for her age! It must be the wonderful influence you are on her.

It is really nice of you to knit another scarf like the one you did for you mam. Take a picture!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
The ones over here technically offer two veggie burgers... I always have the same one though, because the other one is WAY too spicy for my liking! For some reason people think that if you're not going to eat meat or fish, you obviously want your tongue burned off. And I don't mean just McDonalds... Everywhere seems to think that, since most vegetarian options are "spicy" something or other, curry, chilli, etc.

Yes... Hopefully they're going very, very soon!

I don't think it's me as such, but more likely the fact that most of the people Emma-Jane has regular contact with are a fair bit older than her. There are a few around her age, but there are more adults around her most days than children. I think she just wants to join in with the adults, and her determination to do so has helped her to learn the skills needed very quickly.

Oh, don't worry, I'll get a picture of the scarf!