Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weight, projects, guinea pig, weather

Only lost quarter of a pound (4oz) this week. Not bothered though. It's a bit of weight off, and nothing gained, so... *Shrugs*... I've so far lost 15lbs 4oz.

***

I've almost finished knitting the scarf I've been working on. I only have a little bit to do, so I "should" have it finished in the next couple of days, and be started on the next knitting project before the weekend.

***

Still trying - and failing - to persuade Gwydion that moving about while on the floor is OK. I even tried tempting him with things he likes to coax him in to moving, but he's having none of it. He just stands there as if to say, "you can forget it... I don't want it that badly!" Well, at least that means I don't have to worry about him getting away from me and - while on the loose - attempting to eat things he shouldn't (like wires for electrical things).

***

Our weather's been all over the place. You don't know from one minute to the next what it will be like. One minute it's beautiful and sunny, the next minute it's pouring with rain (and vice-versa). Still, I should consider myself lucky that all I'm dealing with is weather that can't decide between being wet or dry, windy or calm, cold or hot. Plenty of people are dealing with much worse!

Speaking of which... To all my friends - and those people who read this who I don't really know - who are dealing with all those nasty storms and such: please remember that you are in my thoughts! Stay safe, and please, please, please check in from time to time (just whenever you can) so I know you're OK!

*Sending out hugs and positive thoughts to those in need of them*

12 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, it's probably a good thing Mr. Weakers doesn't scoot around. You'd have a heck of a time catching him--hehe!

When you haven't gained, that's a good week. And you still lost a little. ;) You're doing great!

We had a doozy of a storm go thru last night. Tornado warnings, shook the building, sirens and the whole bit. Karma and I hid in the bathroom till it blew over. Had my rubber soled shoes on--hehe! ;) Everybody is in my prayers, too.

Deanna said...

What if you would just expand Gwydie's area outside of her cage with boundaries - maybe pillows, blankets and stuff. Maybe she would feel safe enough to walk around more if she felt more secure... Who knows!

I guess it is just that time of year weatherwize. We are getting rain here this morning, but most likely it will be hot and sunny by afternoon. The bad weather has moved out, thank goodness!

Have a wonderful day.

AliceKay said...

A loss is a loss...no matter how big or small. Sounds like you're doing a great job.

If Gwydion doesn't want to run around while he's out on the floor, that might be a good thing. At least he won't be getting into trouble that way.

Weather is crazy all over the place. I saw on the Weather Channel last night where nasty weather was headed in Rita's direction. It's nice to know she and Karma are okay.

I hope you get some nice warm sunshine that sticks around for awhile very soon. It's going to be hot and sunny here today. A high of around 92F. Thunderstorms are to arrive again tomorrow afternoon and night with some becoming severe. Oh joy. Just what we wanted. Not. :(

Thanks for any postive thoughts sent my way. I'm off to work. Hope you're having a great day today. *hugs*

Furry Bottoms said...

I'm not having trouble with the weather, but I will take a hug anyway! :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods in agreement about the Mr Weakers thing*

Thanks, and... Agreed! Any week with no gain is a good week! :)

I'm glad you and Karma are OK after the tornado you had. Hang in there! *Hugs*

Deanna:
With the kind of cage he has that's not an option. I did try it with his old cage though, and he didn't want to know. I think he's just too scared in general.

I'm glad the really bad weather has moved on from your area; hope it doesn't come back!

AK:
*Nods in agreement about the weight thing* Thanks!

I agree! About the Gwydion thing, I mean.

I'm glad Rita and Karma are safe too!

It's been quite a nice day today. Not all that warm, but sunny and dry all day, so nice enough. Kero and I managed to get a couple of nice walks in before I needed a nap (messed up sleep pattern again).

You're welcome (about the positive houghts)... Stay safe! *Hugs*

Nikki:
*Hugs*

Better? :)

Lynn said...

You are so right Tori, if you didn't gain anything then that is good and wow on the 15 pounds so far!! Congrats! I sure wish it would rain here, it has been in the 90s here and hot hot hot. Hope you are having a good week :o)

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Hope you get your rain soon.

Yep, I'm having a pretty good week, actually. Hope you are too! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

You lost a stick of butter! That's great!!!! I always think of one pound as four sticks, etc - it all adds up!

Hugs! It's raining here too, but we needed it.

Intense Guy said...

Brutally hot and humid here. In the mid-90s for temp and humidity. It got hot awful quick!

Does Kero (or Willow) have a "crate"? Maybe Gwyddy would like a spin in it?

I'm glad YOU are feeling better!! :) Keep up the good work and you will be so skinny people won't be able to see ya if you stand sideways.

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
Thanks... Yes, it does all add up! Love the stick of butter thing! :)

Iggy:
Hope you get some Spring weather soon instead of the humid Summery weather you're getting!

No. Willow is trained to stay in certain rooms (OK, doors and stuff are closed to stop her going in to certain rooms) when she's left at home on her own. And Kero has suffered from seporation anxiety from an early age, so we didn't think it worthwhile getting a crate (we tried training him the same way as Willow, but he gets himself in such a state it's just not worth leaving him).

LOL! I don't think I'll get that skinny. Besides, I can't have that... I don't want to end up thin enough to fall down the cracks in the pavement, do I? ;)

LadyStyx said...

YAY on the weight loss!!!

The weather can't make up it's mind here. I wish it would because it's messing with my sinuses and causing migraines.

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Thanks! :)

Yeah; that can't be any fun for you! Hope the weather makes its mind up soon!