Saturday, July 09, 2011

9 (2009 film)

"An unnamed Scientist was ordered by his nation's dictator to create an artificially intelligent machine called the Fabrication Machine, which was used to build other machines to wage war. However, the Fabrication Machine turned on mankind and wiped out all life. To atone for his part in mankind's destruction and restore life on Earth, the Scientist created nine homunculus-like rag dolls referred to as Stitchpunks, using an alchemic talisman to do so. He dies upon creating the last doll 9.

Some time later, the mute 9 awakens to find the world outside barren and lifeless. Taking the talisman with him, 9 wanders outside and..."

(Above taken from this page... WARNING: Link contains spoilers!)

This was an unusual movie. It wasn't too bad of a movie; but it's definately not among my favourites of the ones I've seen recently. Still, I do think it's worth watching once - even if you never watch it again after that.

11 comments:

AliceKay said...

Hmm...don't think I've ever heard about this movie either. Will have to check it out further sometime.

Have a great Saturday, Tori. *hugs*

Toriz said...

AK:
You have a great Saturday too! *Hugs*

Rita said...

Another one that was already in my Netflix queue. I'll see it eventually, Tori. ;)

Toriz said...

LOL @ Rita!

ChicagoLady said...

Never heard of it. Looks really weird, but then all Tim Burton movies are weird.

Lynn said...

I liked that movie, I would like to watch it again someday, hope you are doing well :o)

Toriz said...

Chicago:
Very true! LOL!

Lynn:
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Now you have me intrigued!!! For those kinds of movies, I have Thomas download them for free. If it's something I know I'll like and want to watch again, we buy 'em.

Thanks for all the bloggy lovin' while I was "dying"!!! I'm still in a lot of pain, but I have hope that it's not going to last forever!

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
That's why I have Sky Movies turned on. It means for just a couple of pounds (money pounds, obviously) a month I can watch all the movies I want, then only buy the ones I know I really, really want! Much cheaper that way, LOL! ;)

And, you're welcome... Hope you're pain free really soon! *Hugs*

Intense Guy said...

I think I would watch this just to see what Earth would (might) look like without all the 'humans infesting' it.

Hugs

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Well, if you watch it for that reason, you might want to bear in mind that the humans were there... You'll understand why I say that if you watch it!