Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daybreakers

"In the year 2019, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind."

"In a world 10 years into the future, vampires make up the vast majority of the population with only 5% of the human race remaining. This presents particular challenges as the vampires' food supply - human blood - is dwindling and rationing is now the norm. There is growing evidence that vampires deprived of an adequate blood supply are themselves evolving into wild, vile creatures that attack anyone and anything in order to survive. Dr. Edward Dalton, a vampire and hematologist who works for a pharmaceutical firm, has been working on finding an artificial blood supply that will meet the vampire society's needs. He is sympathetic to humans and sees his work as a way of alleviating their suffering but his views on finding a solution change considerably when he meets someone who found a way to transform himself from being a vampire to again take human form."

(Above taken from this page).

This is definately not one to watch when children are about, due to some not so nice scenes, but if you're the kind of person who doesn't mind those kind of scenes - and if there are no children about - then you will quite likely find this to be a good movie. Personally, I thought it was quite a good movie, and worth watching... An unusual twist on the typical vampire movies.

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm not into vampire movies, but I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.

Intense Guy said...

I vont to drinka yer ard-ty-fish-al blud...

naw... that just don't cut it...

:)

Rita said...

The series True Blood has artificial blood in it. The vampires can order it at the bar and they nuke it in the microwave for them--LOL! That is why vampires could come out of hiding and live safely among us--at night, anyways. But many of them felt like Iggy--just didn't cut it. (Believe it or not, I giggle a lot watching True Blood.)

I already had this one in my queue, Tori. Some big name guys in this movie and that's why I put it on the list. Other than True Blood and the first Twilight movie--oh and the old Bela Lugosi movies--I am not normally a fan of vampire movies, either.

Deanna said...

I like the Twilight series, but that is about it when it comes to vampire movies. Glad you enjoyed it!

lol@Iggy.

ChicagoLady said...

I think I remember this one being advertised, but I'm not a big vampire fan, so it was never on my list of movies to watch. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

Lynn said...

I didnt watch this movie, I try to avoid the scary ones LOL

Toriz said...

AK:
Fair enough!

Iggy:
LMAO! Too funny!

Rita:
I knew they had artificial blood, but I didn't know they microwaved it. LOL! That's funny! See, now these are the details that - had I known about them - would have had me enjoying it more! (Stupid lack of audio description!)

Well, I hope you enjoy this one when you watch it! :)

Deanna:
Fair enough!

Chicago:
That's fair.

Lynn:
LOL! Fair enough!

Rita said...

It was on Netflix Instant movies so I watched it last night. Pretty gruesome. Weird cure for the first two guys, eh? But--it was the typical dark, gory vampire movie. No chuckles, shall we say. Probably the only reason I keep watching True Blood is that I find giggles along the way all the time. Sick humor, granted. But there are some funny and sweet characters and situations and lines in every show. They seem to be almost spoofing themselves sometimes. Breaks up the serious gore--LOL! If it was all serious, I doubt I'd watch it, to be honest. But I do think it would be harder for you to get some of the humor because it can be visual (facial expressions and such). But if you liked Daybreakers (dark and gory) you might actually like True Blood--LOL! ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad you got to see it. :)

I didn't not like True Blood. i just didn't love it. I think where a lot of it was visual I missed a lot, so I lost interest easily, that's all.