Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peter Pan (2003)

"In stifling Edwardian London, Wendy Darling mesmerizes her brothers every night with bedtime tales of swordplay, swashbuckling and the fearsome Captain Hook. But the children become the heroes of an even greater story, when Peter Pan flies into their nursery one night and leads them over moonlit rooftops through a galaxy of stars and to the lush jungles of Neverland. Wendy and her brothers join Peter and the Lost Boys in an exhilarating life--free of grown-up rules--while also facing the inevitable showdown with Hook and his bloodthirsty pirates."

(Above taken from here).

Did I enjoy it?

Put it this way, I've watched it at least three times that I remember in the last couple of years, two of those times being quite recently. So, I'm going with yes. ;)

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I enjoyed watching Wendy.. I could have watched her for hours and hours and hours...

Smiles...

Toriz said...

*Chuckles at Iggy*

AliceKay said...

I was thinking I had this dvd somewhere so went out in the living room and looked...and sure enough, it's out there. I think Marty bought it but I don't remembering watching it. (Terri used to watch movies while i streamed) I have a lot of movies out there in that cabinet that I've never watched. Maybe I should stop blogging and watch movies? LOL

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah, you should start watching those movies! :)

Rita said...

I watched the trailer and this one ain't no Mary Martin version--LOL! I like that is has humor, by the looks of it. Maybe it wouldn't seem as violent for the kids then. The old one was so campy, more like the stage play, so that it wasn't awfully scary for the little ones. I always think about that with kids movies. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yes, this one was a lot more light hearted. I'm not going to say there wasn't violence (there has to be to do the Peter Pan story) but it was milder than a lot of the versions I've read/seen.

Toriz said...

(Well, I think it was anyway).