Monday, August 15, 2011

Black And White Mystery Bird

There was a bird on our wall... It was driving Kero nuts, because the closed living room window was between him and the bird, and - as you may remember me mentioning - there is only one kind of animal Kero hates... Birds.

I know the bird would have been able to hear him from out there, but I guess it knew he was stuck indoors and it was safe, because it made no move to fly off. Not even when we pulled the net curtain aside to get these photos of it:




Not sure what it is. I know we get a lot of Magpies, and I think they're black and white, so it might be a Magpie? All Kero cares about is that it's a bird, it's on his property, and we wont let him go and chase it (he may not like birds, but we do).

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's hard to see in your pictures, but you might be right...it could be a magpie. I googled magpie and saw the similarities.

ChicagoLady said...

I checked too, and it could have been a magpie.

Intense Guy said...

Did you hear it "sing" or make noise? Apparently a Magpie makes a strange bird call - maybe I can find a sound file somewhere if you heard it.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Not sure, but if you can locate a sound file I wouldn't mind giving it a listen anyway, since at least - if nothing else - I'd know Magpie noises for futture reference. :)

Intense Guy said...

I found a couple youtube videos with a magpie singing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HD0QL2fOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIcEOzVmnI

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thanks for the links.

Well, I've definately heard a few birds that sound like that out there, if that helps anyone any!