Saturday, August 13, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon

View the official trailer.

"Long ago up North on the Island of Berk, the young Viking, Hiccup, wants to join his town's fight against the dragons that continually raid their town. However, his macho father and village leader, Stoik the Vast, will not allow his small, clumsy, but inventive son to do so. Regardless, Hiccup ventures out into battle and downs a mysterious Night Fury dragon with his invention, but can't bring himself to kill it. Instead, Hiccup and the dragon, whom he dubs Toothless, begin a friendship that would open up both their worlds as the observant boy learns that his people have misjudged the species. But even as the two each take flight in their own way, they find that they must fight the destructive ignorance plaguing their world."

(Above taken from here).

Absolutely fantastic movie! If you haven't seen it, you really should! I've seen it about a dozen times so far, and I've enjoyed it every single time! It has some funny parts, and some emotional parts. You have to bear in mind though that the story is about Vikings, so there are a couple of, "Eww... Thanks for that!" moments. Thankfully not many of those though. But, seriously... I think this has to be one of the best movies I've seen recently. In fact... Maybe even the best I've seen recently!

10 comments:

Rita said...

This one is someplace in my queue. ;) Glad to hear you liked it a lot. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Well, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you watch it. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'll add it to our list. We are currently watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It takes us about 3 sittings to watch a movie because we rarely have more than 30 minutes, every now and then, for movies.

Toriz said...

Magaly:
That must be annoying. Anyway, hope you enjoy both of them. I watched Sorcerer's Apprentice a while ago... It was really good.

AliceKay said...

This was a pretty good movie. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

ChicagoLady said...

I saw this in 3D on my birthday, LOVED it!

Toriz said...

Chicago:
Glad to hear it. :)

Intense Guy said...

I want to see this sometime...

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Good... I hope you do see it!