Thursday, August 04, 2011

Movie: The Back-up Plan

"A romantic comedy centered on a woman who conceives twins through artificial insemination, only to meet the man of her dreams on the very same day."

"Zoe's a woman who has a hard time letting anyone into her life. She has a habit of pushing people away when they get close. She also wants to have a baby but because she has no man in her life decides to be artificially inseminated. Shortly after having the procedure she meets a guy named Stan whom she connects with. But she's still afraid to let him in..."

(Above taken from here... WARNING: Link contains a few spoilers).

I thought this was a pretty good movie, and enjoyed watching it. It wasn't one of the best I've seen recently, but it was pretty good, I think. Kero wasn't so keen on it, and spent the entire movie whining and barking, only to promptly curl up and go to sleep when the movie was over. I have no idea what that was all about, but despite that I did quite enjoy it.

7 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

The movie sounds interesting and funny; maybe the pup is not into twins lol

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm... I would think meeting a "nice woman" that just found out she was pregnant would be a "real plot complication".

I wonder if there was a hiss in the sound track that only dogs could hear..

Toriz said...

Magaly:
LOL! Maybe.

Iggy:
Yeah, it was a real plot complication. And, like I said, it was a pretty good movie. It just wasn't quite as fantastic as I thought it would be. Or maybe Kero's behaviour stopped me enjoying it as much as I would have? (I tried watching it again, but he behaved in the same way). Your theory is a posibility, especially since he behhaved the same way when I tried watching it again (my hope was that he'd be quiet and I could see if it was him who stopped me enjoying it, but since he wasn't quiet I never got to find out. LOL!)

Rita said...

Really makes me wonder why Kero hated that movie? I just saw a video on youtube where their little yorkie puppy barks the whole time at the Bachelorette. (I don't blame him--LOL!)

AliceKay said...

I heard it was a good movie, but I haven't seen it yet. I'd like to, tho.

ChicagoLady said...

This movie is on my list of ones to see. I like Jennifer Lopez as an actress.

Toriz said...

Rita:
LOL! Yeah, sometimes they just decide they don't like it, and nothing will change their minds!

AK & Chicago:
Hope you enjoy it when you see it! :)