Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Titmuss Regained

(The second book in the Rapstone Chronicles series)
By John Mortimer

"Leslie Titmuss is the anti-hero of "Paradise Postponed", portrayed on screen by David Threlfall. In this novel, John Mortimer continues the rise of the complaisant Titmuss, now married to a second unpleasant wife. The author has also written the "Rumpole" series of books."

(Above taken from here).

Sorry for the lack of information on the book, most sites seemed to want to group the trilogy together, and I just wanted the one book, because I haven't read the first one; I only read - OK, listened to - this one because it was in my "need to listen to" pile with a load of other audiobooks I'd been given. Anyway, it was pretty good, with a few plot twists to keep you on your toes, which - I'm sure you'll agree - is a wonderful thing to have happen in a book, and makes for an enjoyable read.

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

I agree...plot twists to keep you on your toes is what makes for a good book. (also goes for movies) :)

Rita said...

I see there is a miniseries on Paradise Postponed and then another sequel series on Titmuss Regained--on Netflix, of course. ;) Have you ever seen any of them? Were they anything like the book? :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Agreed! :)

Rita:
Nope, haven't seen them. Only heard about the book because it was in a stack I got from my Nan, who got a stack from a friend and gave me what she didn't want. LOL!