Wednesday, January 25, 2012

4:48PM

When I checked my e-mail this morning there was a suspicious lack of lessons for my courses. I'd finished 2 of the classes, but there should have been 10 lessons waiting for me in my inbox. There were none. But when I went to go to the site it said the account had been suspended. I had Kelly go look on his computer, but no matter what link we clicked on (any of the courses I'd linked to the other day, or the link to the main site) we were getting the same message. So we searched Google for free online courses (since I knew it would come up if we did that) and when it did, we clicked on it via the search engine's link. Sure enough we got the same message. So now I'm not sure if it's temporarily suspended or suspended for good. Either way I'm a bit annoyed at the fact I've now got 10 incomplete courses. They shouldn't havve allowed courses to be signed up for if the site would be suspended. I mean, I guess it might not have been their fault, but whoever's fault it was should have considered those of us in the middle of getting lessons (in fact, I think most - if not all - of the courses only had a day or two left to go). *Sigh* Oh well, I guess there's nothing I can do but see what happens over the next few days.

***

Kero seems to be loving having me to himself for our morning walks. In fact, he likes it so much that he was even willing to go for a short walk in the rain with me yesterday. We didn't go far because the rain started to get a bit heavier, and we aren't total idiots - despite how it might seem sometimes, especially in my case, lol - but we went a little way. And most days we've gone to the park.

***

Still no snow here; plenty of frost - especially in the early morning - and a fair amount of wind and rain, but mainly sunny but cold days. *Sigh*

***

I've not done too bad yesterday and today with fitting everything in. Of course, today it was helped by the absence of my lessons, but still.

OK, so my "writing time" is taken up most days with writing the next part of the e-mail stories I'm doing with people; one of them one that's been going for a while with my friend, Tom, the other a recently started one with my brother, Carl. But part of the reason for that is that I hadn't allowed much writing time at the moment, because when I start doing the courses rather than just collecting them - which it looks like will be happening sooner than expected - they mostly involve writing exercises. And when I'm done with them I planned to make my "homework" time extra writing time. Besides, the e-mail story replies don't come every day.

Still, I'm managing to be on top of things a bit more, and have even managed to find time to join in with a play by post roleplaying game that's just starting up on my Dad's forum. It's one of the systems from the "World Of Darkness" system, which is called "Hunter" and involves us being people who end up investigating and - as is usually the case in roleplaying games - defeating the sources of weird disturbances (usually involving things like werewolves and vampires, apparently).

***

I broke one of my teeth a couple of weeks ago. It didn't bother me much at first, but it's starting to bother me more now. We haven't had a chance to get registered at the dentist due to a combination of weather and lack of doggy daycare, but we're going to have to sort it soon, I think.

The thing is, without doggy daycare we have to take Kero with us, which means one of us has to stay outside with him while the other goes in. That would be fine, only we can't do that when it's raining, and - of course - every day we've gone to do it it's been raining. OK, I admit we haven't exactly tried that hard - I've seen so many doctors in my time that getting registered with a doctor and a dentist doesn't fall high on my list of priorities while I'm in a position to allow it not to be a priority - but the rainy days when we need dry ones don't help.

Like I said, I'll have to see about it soon; even I can only ignore pain for so long.

***

OK, I think this will do for today.

Stay safe and warm (or cool, as the case may be). :)

12 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Hi Tori! :)

That site, I hope it is temporarily suspended and not suspended for criminal activity. Such as a fake license for operating it in the first place. Are you getting credit for these courses towards something or is it just something you like to do? I would be annoyed too, right in the middle of everything!!!!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Well, I do get certificates, but I think their more for my own benifit than anything, since no work submission is required. As for not being allowed to do it... No, I don't think it's that, because I've seen the site advertized all over the place by reputable companies; there are places that charge for courses who have mentioned that you can do courses for free on e-mail college, and I don't think they would do so if it wasn't meant to be running.

Autumn said...

Good luck figuring out the courses. I wonder what the story is?

Have you thought about leaving Kero with newspaper or diaper pads on the floor. Here in the US there are flat, absorbent pads for little dogs to go 'potty' on while the owners are away. Just a thought.

Good luck with the tooth. OUCH

Toriz said...

Autumn:
We have those too; I used to put some down when I was training him. It's not accidents though. If it was that I'd just cover the kitchen floor in puppy pads and newspaper and shut him in there. That's what I tried to do when he was a puppy. It's about anxiety issues he has though; he has such severe seporation anxiety that we bearly get out of the door before he's getting worked up, and leaving him longer than 5 minutes means we'll find him laying on the floor struggling to breath where he got so worked up. I had him tested for just about everything by the vet, but they couldn't find anything wrong with his breathing; the only thing they can come up with is that he's an over anxious dog. So we used to arrange for my Mam, my Dad, or my brother, Wayne, to have him when we went places. Only now we've moved away and doggy daycare didn't work out (unreliable human) so we have to make other arrangements until we can find another doggy daycare (be it taking him with us or only one or the other of us going at a time).

Rita said...

Bummer about the site. They may have had trouble with the site itself or something I suppose. Whatever it is, it's a wait and see thing.

Glad you and Kero are making it to the park a lot. Sounds like Kero loves it there, too!

Sorry to hear about your tooth. You'll have to go when it starts to hurt like it has been. Have to figure out something. I hate dealing with doctors or dentists or any of the many appointments. Good luck!

Glad you're getting a lot done, though. And that you're writing again. :):)

AliceKay said...

I hope the lesson site is back up and running soon. It would be a shame to get toward the end of the lesson and not be able to complete it. Good luck.

Sounds like you and Kero are having a good time walking in the park. Nice. :)

Sorry to hear about your tooth. I hope you can get it taken care of soon. I know you know I have the same problem right now. A little more of mine has broken off today. :(

Enjoy the online role playing game.

Lynn said...

Oh Tori Im so sorry about your site, I sure admired you for doing all of those courses in the first place. I hope whatever the problem is that its fixed soon and you get your courses back, take care and have a great day!

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yep; wait and see and hope for the best!

Kero loves to be outside. He doesn't like to be outside in rain really, but the only reason he comes in the rest of the time is that we do and he has to come and see where we went. I think if he cared less about my whereabouts then I'd struggle to get hin in when it's not raining, LOL!

We may have a solution to the getting to the dentist thing; will explain if it happens though, since it's pointless doing so if it doesn't.

I'm not writing much at the moment, but I'm enjoying having a bit of writing time anyway. :)

AK:
Thanks; yeah, I hope I can at least get the last couple of lessons for the courses I was doing. I mean, in reality I'd have liked to do all those courses, but luckily I did the ones I wanted most first, which means my only issue with it is that I'm missing some lessons from these courses. Not that it's a huge deal, I suppose. I mean, it's not like I paid to do them.

Ouch about more of your tooth breaking off today!

Lynn:
So do I!

Thanks for stopping by, and you have a good day too!

LadyStyx said...

Okies. I thought there was something up. I'd gotten 5 in the email and was waiting on the rest to come in before I got started. I guess I can just let them go then. No sense getting started if the rest won't be showing up.

Only snow we had was about 1/2 inch or so and the only sign left are the nasty dirty half melted piles at the back of the Wal-Mart parkinglot.

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Yep; looks as though the rest wont be showing up. I'm still getting the same message, and I e-mailed them but have no response. *Sigh*

Well, I guess I'll just have to do the lessons for the 50 courses I already have, LOL!

Intense Guy said...

I hope you get the tooth taken care of soon.

Sounds like you were actually enjoying the walk in the rain (that's okay, we won't tell anyone) and so was Kero!

Those on-line courses sound good - and the situation with them sounds confusing. Did they go out of "business"?

Hugs!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
We have no idea; still get the same message when we go to the site, and no answer when we try e-mailing them. So I've given up on them. I'll just make a start on doing the lessons for the ones I have. I have 50 plus a couple of snippets I can use to generate some ideas from the part courses I have from this last batch, so I should be fine for courses to do for a while. After that I was planning on finishing up any writing projects I start with the courses and "hopefully" finding somewhere to attempt to get something published. You never know, I may have something worthwhile at the end of the 50 courses! ;)