Monday, January 09, 2012

Celebrating Yule 2011 - Part 4 (FD)

The 26th of December (Boxing Day)...

I had a full vegetarian roast dinner; cranberry nut roast, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots and peas. I even took a photo of it for you:


Kelly said I was mental for doing that, but whatever. LOL!

I also made a pan of Wassail; didn't manage to get a photo of that though.

Kelly and Kero had a chicken and vegetable pie and a glazed ham. Though I think what actually happened was that Kelly had the pie, and - after some was taken off it for Kero - the ham was just sliced and frozen for them to have another time.

Anyway, we also had crisps (potato chips) peanuts, and still had a decent supply of the cookies and mince pies I'd made (though none of them are left now).

Once everything was over with, I decided to take photos of my cards...







I think I got them all, but I'm not sure.

The only one I know for sure didn't make it in to the photos is the one from Jeannie, because it arrived after Iggy had sorted the photos for me. I'll post a photo of it when I can though.

Among the photos above should be handmade cards from Rita, Deanna and Susan though, as well as cards from most of my family and friends. There was also a card from Iggy, but I don't know if it made it in to the photos. Anyway, sorry if I missed getting your card in the photo (if you sent me one, I mean).

And, speaking of Iggy...

My present from him arrived just before I sent him the photos:


It's a kit to make a keepsake print of your pet's paw. So we can do a proper imprint of Kero's paw and have it to keep long after he's gone.

Anyway...

Since I had the final Harry Potter movie on DVD among my presents, I "had to" then have a Harry Potter movie marathon, so I watched all eight movies back to back... Just because I "had to" and, well, because I could, basically! ;)

And there you go; now you know how we celebrated Yule in 2011! :)

We don't usually bother with New Year's Eve; there were some awesome fireworks on New Year's Eve and the first two days of the new year though!

I've still not had snow thoughh (well, apart from the light dusting we got three weeks ago, but that barely lasted long enough to be noticed)... *Sigh*

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Hey, if you enjoyed your vegetarian roast dinner, that's all that matters. :)

Sounds like you had a great Yule celebration "last" year. You received a lot of nice cards. Must mean you have a lot of friends. :)

The Paw Print gift was pretty nice. Gifts like that are precious.

Marty gave his father the last Harry Potter DVD, but we haven't watched it yet.

I'll try to send some snow your way since you really love that cold, white, and wet stuff. LOL

Time for me to get ready for work. Have a good Monday! *hugs*

Deanna said...

I take pictures of my food all of the time. Yours looks tasty.

Lots of neat cards there. That present from Iggy is way cool. He thinks of the neatest things!!!

Deanna

Intense Guy said...

Wow! That's a lot of Harry Potter watching!!!

I don't even think I've seen a couple of them yet.

*Hugs* Glad you liked your gift. :)

Furry Bottoms said...

The last Harry Potter movie... I did not like at first. Because I watched it after a lonnnnng break since the last Potter movie. But the second time I watched that film, I had just finished watching the one previous to it, and I liked it a whole lot better.

Sounds like you had a great Yule!!

LadyStyx said...

That is definitely ALOT of Potter to be watching. I wanted to do the same, but I was informed by my darling hubby that a few of the dvds were packed up and he wasn't sure which box(es)they're in. I asked him why they weren't put on the shelf where they belong with the first 4 or 5 and he tells me... there wasn't room. *facepalm* It's called weeding it in and moving things over. So I won't be doing the "Watch a movie then read the corresponding book" until I can either get them found OR we get moved somewhere else and unpacked. We so need to do some weeding here....

Toriz said...

AK:
True, and I did. ;)

*Nods* Yes, we had a good time celebrating. And, yep, I have a lot of good friends. :)

Hope you all enjoy watching the final Harry Potter movie.

Yes, please send snow!

Deanna:
Glad it's not just me with the food pictures. *Grins*

He sure does!

Iggy:
You need to have a Harry Potter marathon and get caught up. ;)

Thanks again! :)

Nikki:
I always think the movies are better watched back to back. Also watched without comparing them to the books.

Styxie:
That sucks! Hope you can get your Potter-thon going soon! :)

Rita said...

That looked like a tasty plate to me! :)

You did get a lot of cards. And the present from Iggy is cool! A paw print of Kero forever. I wonder how Kero will like doing that? Karma would have a conniption fit! She hates to have her paws touched and doesn't like them to be wet--LOL! I would think a dog would be more cooperative. ;)

Looks like you had a really great Christmas! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I never got into the whole Harry Potter thing. My oldest two kids sure did though and we fight over who got to read the new book first, lol!! It REALLY got them hooked on reading, so I'm grateful for that.

Sounds like your Christmas was perfect!

Toriz said...

Rita:
Well, he didn't seem to mind too much when I had him do a paw print in clay for Iggy. He's fine with his front paws being touched, but not his back ones, and is pretty good at letting me do things to him he wouldn't allow others to (including things that make his fur wet). I'm pretty sure it's because hhe knows to do so means a nice treat afterwards, but... *Shrugs*... Whatever works, right? ;)

Jeannie:
That's one really good thing about Harry Potter; it got a lot of people who weren't keen on reading in to reading. Of course, being a huge Potter fan there are other good things I could mention, but that fact is something that even people who aren't big Potter fans can appreciate! :)