Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Of fireworks and sleep

There was an awesome firework display going on somewhere near here on New Year's Eve. Well, I thought it was awesome, anyway. Apparently not everyone shares my opinion; Kero wasn't as impressed. I forgot to give him his calming treat, so I was up half the night with him still trembling with fright from the fireworks. They were really close, and really big ones, so I'm not surprised he was so scared. Poor little guy! I ended up falling asleep in the early hours of New Year's Day, curled up on the sofa cuddling Kero. I suppose it's just as well we didn't need to be up early to entertain guests for a new year's dinner or something. LOL!

I was going to add my list of projects I hope to get done this year to this post too, but I didn't get to writing them earlier, and now I'm too tired; my sleep schedule is all messed up again. Still, at least I'm sleeping, even if it's not when I would prefer to be sleeping (I could do with it happening a couple of hours later so I get up a couple of hours later, if you know what I mean). Anyway, I'll post the list for you another day, along with a few other things I plan to post. Right now though, I'm too tired; it's just about my current bed time (in fact, I'm only still up due to being determined to get a post of some kind up on my blog for today).

9 comments:

Parsley said...

Some of my dogs are super scared of fireworks too. Poor babies.

Intense Guy said...

I hope you (and Kero too) get some high quality sleep!

Sounds like they really like fireworks in that town of yours! Smiles.

AliceKay said...

Poor little Kero. So sorry the fireworks scared him so much. :(

Hope you get some quality sleep tonight. *hugs*

AliceKay said...

Oops...didn't mean to copy Iggy's words but "quality sleep" came to my mind right away, and I guess I really didn't read Iggy's comment fully. *shrugs*

Rita said...

I hope you and Kero get some really good sleep, too! No matter when it is. Now you'll know for next year that they do fireworks on New Year's Eve so you can give Kero some of his calming treats. :)

Deanna said...

Poor Kero. None of my family has ever cared for fire works much.

I hope you got some much needed sleep!

Toriz said...

Parsley:
Awww... Poor things! I can understand it though; must be really scary not knowing what's going on. I wonder if maybe they think we're being bombed or something? Kero was fine his first year; we sat on the front steps and watched them, and he was happy as anything. But his second year someone decided to be smart and threw a firework in the garden just as I was about to take the dogs out for a pee (the only reason it missed us is that I'd gone around the long way so as to make sure the cats didn't get out, so was later than I would have been coming out of the door, and - luckily - had the dogs on leads, which meant they couldn't rush out ahead of me). So he has good reason to be so afraid of fireworks.

Iggy:
Yes, it does. Good news for me, not so much for poor Kero!

AK:
*Chuckles* That's OK; guess it's one of those "great minds think alike" situations? Anyway, thanks! :)

Rita:
Yes, sleep is good no matter when! :)

Funny ting is, I suspected there would be fireworks, and did plan to give him the treat... Completely slipped my mind though! I gave him one the following night "in case of any late celebrators," and was glad I did; there were more awesome fireworks, but Kero spent the evening passed out on the sofa not caring what was going on in the world. I love those calming treats!

Deanna:
I think Kero wishes we felt the same as your family. ;)

Thanks; I did; not at the right time, but... *Shrugs*... Sleep is sleep!

LadyStyx said...

Yeah... neither Katy nor I are fond of the noise either. It's always a race to see who gets under the bed first.

Toriz said...

*Chuckles at Styxie's comment*