Monday, January 23, 2012

Recently re-read

These are some books I've recently re-read, which I know for a fact I've reviewed on here before, but thought I'd give another mention to today, since I love them so much.

So...

Michelle Paver's Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series:
A series of 6 books that tell the story of Torak who finds himself alone in the forest and bound to complete a quest he'd promised his father he'd do as the man lay dying after being mauled by a demon bear. Only 13 Summers old, Torak is forced to face the fact that he's destined to rid the forest of the evil that has come to it. It's a fantastic series that's officially meant for children, but which most lovers of Fantasy novels will enjoy, I think.

J K Rowling's Harry Potter Series:
For anyone who happens to have been underground for the past 15 years or so - which is the only way you could possibly not know of these books - I'll tell you that this is a series of books about a young wizard named Harry Potter; a wizard who doesn't know he is one until his 11th birthday, despite the fact he's famous, since he - at the age of 15 months - somehow survived a killing curse, leading to the downfall of the darkest wizard of all time. However, having grown up with muggles (non-magic folk) Harry knows nothing of this, and is under the mistaken impression that the death of his parents and the lightning scar on his forehead were caused by a car crash.

Which Witch by Eva Ibotson:
Arriman The Awful is the typical evil wizard, but being the most feared wizard of the North is hard work, and now he wants to retire. After waiting several years for a new wizard whose coming was foretold to him by a fortune teller Arriman decides he'll have to take the only option available to him; he'll have to get marrried and produce an heir. But which witch should he marry? He decides to hold a contest to decide.

6 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I haven't read Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness, but it sounds like something I would like. And Harry Potter, well, I'm not sure how many times I've reread it. Um... for research of course lol

AliceKay said...

And just like watching favorite movies over and over, you've probably read some things you missed the first couple of times. :)

Rita said...

You've really been on a reading frenzy lately. I haven't done that for a long time, but I know I will again at some point. Fun! But I rarely re-read. Too many books I want to read than to go back and re-read. ;) Glad you had fun! :):)

Toriz said...

Mags:
Yes, I think you'd love the Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series. And, of course reasearch, LOL!

AK:
*Nods* Yes, there are a few "I didn't realise that happened like that" moments when you re-read books. Although, I think the Harry Potter books I'm running out of new things to discover in (which wont stop me re-reading them again, of course).

Rita:
Thing is it's harder and more expensive getting hold of braille and audiobooks, so I re-read my favourites while I wait for some new things to read. And the good thing with having so many of my books in audio is that I can listen while I work on craft projects, prepare and cook dinner, etc.

Furry Bottoms said...

Harry Potter is one of my most favorite series of ALL TIME. Even though I feel slighted because Rowling stole my ideas!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
*Chuckles* Maybe, but she got them written down first, so now it would be classed as you stealing hers. Guess you'll have to think of some new ideas and get them written down and published before someone else does. :)