Sunday, January 22, 2012

Time turners

I've come to the conclusion that I could really do with having a time turner like Hermione Granger used in "Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban" to be able to repeat hours so that she was able to attend all of her classes. I don't think I'd need, or want, to use it every day as she did - judging by her exhaustion that's something that should be avoided - but I think there are days when I could do with a bit of extra time. I thought, perhaps, that some days I could simply re-live the day in order to use it to catch up with things. Days like yesterday for example I could do with being able to go back and re-live so as to do the things I neglected doing in order to spend most of the day on the phone with various people catching up on how they were, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge a single one of those people the time I took to speak with them. I was just thinking how nice it would be to have the option to catch up with people and still fit everything else in to my day (which - for some unknown reason - seems to be a tricky task in general).

I'm pretty sure that some people must have already managed to get their hands on a time turner. After all, some people seem to be possessed of the ability to put in a full day's work and still achieve all the things that those who don't work struggle to fit in to their day without the loss of the time spent out at work. Not that I'm saying the time spent at work is a waste of time - of course it isn't - just that some people seem to be able to do more in a day with... For the sake of argument, 8 hours... Missing from it than some others manage to do with having access to those 8 hours, if you know what I mean. And, quite frankly, I'm rather jealous of those people!

So... Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a time turner?

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

If you find one, let me know where I can get my hands on one, too. LOL *hugs*

Rita said...

I've joked sometimes about having to live to be 300 to do everything I would like to do ...but going back an hour...hummm...these days I'd worry I'd accidentally hit the button on a bad day--ROFL!! Sounds good, though! ;)

Toriz said...

AK:
Will do, LOL!

Rita:
Well, as long as it was a day that was bad and not a bad day healthwise then that wouldn't matter. The beauty with the time turner is that there's essentially two of you running around, but it's only the you from later on - the you that went back in time - that knows it. So you would have still lived through the bad day, but you'd go back and spend the day doing nicer things so that then the day wouldn't have been as bad, plus you'd have achieved twice as much.

Rita said...

Nope--by bad day I meant a physically painful bad day. I rarely have the other kind. ;)

Deanna said...

If you get your hands on one of those, don't forget your friends!!!! I feel like, I believe it was the white rabbit, in Alice in Wonderland... the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get!

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods in understanding* Yeah, you want to avoid going back if you're in pain. You'll have to make sure you take your time turner off when you aren't using it, and only use it on good days! :)

Deanna:
I know the feeling! And, don't worry, if I find out where and how to get my hands on time turners I'll grab some for my friends! :)

Intense Guy said...

I checked the local Wal-Mart, they didn't have any. Maybe the corner hardware store?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Check everywhere; hardwear stores, those corner shops that seem to sell just about everything... Anywhere you can think of!

LadyStyx said...

Ooh... if you see one, I want one too!

Toriz said...

Styxie:
OK; I'll add you to the list of people who want one if I find one. :)