Sunday, February 19, 2012

Courses and catch-up attempts

Other than the last 2 lessons for the "Fantasy Novel Writing" course, all the courses I'd signed up for before are finished, and I have all the lessons for them. When all but that one and another that was 15 lessons long were finished, I decided I'd sign up to get a few more courses. It's lucky they're courses you can do at your leisure, because I ended up signing up for:

Handmade Soapmaking
Herb Gardening
Historical Novel Writing
Horror Writing
Maths For Everyday Life
Numerology Principles
Opening Hooks
Pen Names And Pseudonyms
Penny Dreadfuls - A Litarary Tour
Permissions
Play Review Writing
Play Writing As An Art Form
Play Writing For Beginners
Play Writing - Script Process Introduction
Poetry As Health Therapy
Poetry For Beginners
Publishing The E-Way
Pulp Fiction Era

***

The "Herb Gardening" and "Poetry As Health Therapy" courses are already finished.

Many of them I'll probably never use, but - as I've said before, and probably will again - since they're free, and you can do them whenever, I'm grabbing any of the ones where I have even a vague interest in the subject. At least that way, should I change my mind in the future, I have them. Especially since we saw recently how easily the site could disappear, so who knows if it will be around should I decide in the future that I want to grab the courses after all, right?

***

OK, well... I've just spent a few hours catching up on blog posts from the last couple of days, so now I need to get to other things that I let myself get behind on somehow. I don't suppose you know what happened to the last couple of days? I lost them; I think the clock was on fast forward on Friday and Saturday or something!

8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Herb Gardening and Horror Writing, yum!

I'm sure your last couple days are somewhere hanging out with my exercise hours. I haven't seen them lately ;-(

AliceKay said...

Time has a way of slipping right by when we turn our heads for a second or two. I'm sure you'll catch up with everything soon.

Enjoy the courses when you get to them. Some sound very intriguing.

Rita said...

Wow! That's a lot of courses. Good for you! :)

I am still catching up on emails and blog reading and blog comments. Little by little.

Have a great week!! :):)

Toriz said...

Mags:
Well, at least the days have company; wouldn't want them feeling lonely. ;)

AK:
Thanks; I'm getting there with catching up (for now, LOL!)

Rita:
Yeah; I'd never sign up for this many at once if I had to do the work every day, that's for sure! ;)

Good luck with catching up with things!

Deanna said...

If you figure out what happened to those days, let me know. I'm pretty sure I'll find mine in the same place.

Many of those courses sound very interesting! Can't wait to hear how you liked or didn't like each one!

Have a wonderful week, Tori!

Deanna

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Will do; I think they may have gone the way of all lost things though, in which case we'll never find them! *Sigh*

Once I'm done collecting them I'll be doing lessons for the ones that have them, and reading the information in the ones that don't, so I'll let you know what I think as I tackle each course.

Intense Guy said...

Today seeems like an "extra day" for some reason... Happy Leap Day!!

Homemade Soapmaking sounds cool - as would homemade soupmaking...

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Homemade anything is nice. :)

Even with the extra day I still seem to be struggling to keep up with things. ;)