Thursday, March 22, 2012

2012 Vernal Equinox moon and sun

I decided I wanted photos of the Sunrise on the Vernal Equinox. So I found out the time, and then arranged for Kelly to help me get photos of it.

The sliver of a moon was still visible as the sun was beginning to show signs of rising, so we grabbed photos of that too:




And here are the photos of the sunrise:












You'll have to excuse the streetlamps in some of the photos; the best place to get photos would have been on the peer, but we couldn't go on it since it's closed (due to a fire; it happened over a year ago, but due to ownership issues the repairs are yet to be carried out).

9 comments:

Rita said...

How beautiful to see a sunrise over the ocean!!! Gorgeous!! :):):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Beautiful sunrise!

That corgi :) said...

All great pictures! Good idea to capture the theme as you did!

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

What glorious photos, Tori!!! Great job!

AliceKay said...

Great job on the photos. I love seeing sunrise shots, and you got good ones in this set. :)

Toriz said...

Chicago, Betty, Jeannie & AK:
I'm glad you all enjoyed the photos! :)

Intense Guy said...

...and I captioned them all wrong... putting in backwards order. I'm sorry Tori.

Do you know what is out on that pier yet?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
It's OK; I'm sure people can figure it out. Besides, maybe you meant to count down; 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Sun's up! :)

On the peer? *Looks confused*