Tuesday, July 31, 2012

At the beach - July 22nd 2012 (FD)

As I've mentioned over the past couple of days, when Kelly, Kero and I went to the beach for the air show, the weather was beautiful! And I think everyone around here must have agreed, because at least most of the people in the area were either at the Pirate Day event or along the seafront itself!

There were people enjoying drinks at the cafe that's along the seafront, and on the benches along the promanade.  The play area that's down at the edge of the beach in Hastings was full of children playing, while their parents were nearby.  People were sunbathing, or just hanging out on the beach itself.  Others were walking dogs of various sizes; great big ones, and little tiny ones.  And still others were out in boats fishing, while gulls circled nearby waiting for the fish to surface in hopes of grabbing a quick meal.

It was a good day; fun, and beautiful weather! Of course, with the fact I hadn't been walking much in the couple of months before it (because of the anemia issues; dizzyness, etc), I was exhausted and in pain by the time I got home.  It was so worth it though!

Anyway, I managed to persuade Kelly - who was in charge of the camera because of the pirates and planes - to grab some photos for me, and here they are...

People enjoying the beach:




Seagulls flying about:




A tiny little dog someone was walking, which we thought was seriously cute:



There was a great big dog we liked too, but we didn't think to ask if we could get a photo of that one until after we'd put some distance between us (we were going one way, they were going another).

And here's a photo of me and Kero :


I hope you enjoyed the photos! :)

12 comments:

laurie said...

such a great day, beautiful photos and the one of you with your little pal is so cute,

Toriz said...

Laurie:
Glad you liked the photos! :)

Rita said...

Beautiful day! Kero must be good with meeting new dogs friends. :)

Deanna said...

I definitely enjoyed the photos. What a wonderful day for all of you!

Intense Guy said...

Yes that other dog iss seriously cute - but he or she is no Kero!

I hope you recovered from the sun and walking quickly.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Kero's usually very good with meeting people and dogs. He does have a problem recognizing that some people and animals like strange dogs to stay outside their personal space, if you know what I mean, but usually a slight tug on his lead from me will get him to back up (and when it doesn't it's usually because of a dog, and the dog usually makes it clear to him). He wants to be friends with everyone in the world, regardless of race, class, size, or even species. I think we could learn a few things from dogs like him!

Deanna:
I'm glad ou enjoed the photos; yes, it was a great day!

Iggy:
Absolutely! No dog could ever be cuter than Kero! And, yeah, I recovered OK. Just a case of too much too soon, I think.

Parsley said...

Looks like so much fun!

ChicagoLady said...

Glad you got a chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Toriz said...

Parsley:
It was!

Chicago:
So am I!

Mina said...

It sounds like you had such a lovely day. Isn't it great when the weather cooperates? ;-)

These photos are beautiful and Kero is such a little adorable fur baby! Hugs sweetie.

AliceKay said...

It looks like it was a great day to be at the beach. I'm glad you all enjoyed your day there. :)

Toriz said...

Mina:
Yes it was, and yes he is... And, yes, it's always great when the weather does what you want it to!

AK:
Thanks, yes, it was a good day!