Thursday, November 13, 2014

Jo-Jo

This is Jo-Jo, Josepi, or simply Jo.


Though you may not know it to look at him, Jo will be 29 years old this Christmas.

Every child has that one special toy, and Jo-Jo is mine.

I got him for my second Christmas, and all through my childhood he went with me everywhere I was allowed to take him. He was a part of the family; treated as much like a real baby as a doll can be, and even had his own stocking and gifts every Christmas.

That is, until he was packed in a box for a move when I was 15, and got put in the attic.

But now he's been rescued from his box in the attic, and given a new outfit!

Trust me, he really needed the new outfit. What he was wearing wasn't new when he got it, and didn't do too well in the attic. Most of his clothes were either brought new for him, or given to me for him in "as new" condition by people who had babies who had outgrown them before they wore them much, but some of his stuff wasn't in the best of condition when I got it, and - of course - it had to be one of those outfits he was wearing when he went in the box. We got him a whole new outfit a few weeks back though, which you can see on him in the photos at the top of this blog post.

He won't be going everywhere with me like he did when I was a child, but at least he won't be shut in a box in the attic any more. And now he even has his very own blog post!

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Smiles. Such a precious keepsake!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

AliceKay said...

It's nice to be able to keep something of your childhood. It's things like this that bring back lots of memories.

Victoria Zigler said...

Very true, AK!