Thursday, December 18, 2014

Of holidays, teeth and books

We're a few days away from the Winter Solstice, and a week away from Christmas... Are you ready for it?

I am. Or, I will be after I get the rodent gang's gifts wrapped up, which I plan to do either later today or some time tomorrow.

Well, other than the fact my tooth still hurts, and nothing's getting done about it until after the new year, because it's going to have to come out and I have to be referred to the hospital to have it out. Not because it's going to be difficult to take out, but because I'm anemic and mouth wounds often bleed a lot, so it's safer for me to be at the hospital in case I have issues from the blood loss and end up needing a blood transfusion.

So, in the meantime I just have to put up with it and do what I can to keep the pain to a tolerable level; luckily I'm doing a decent job with this.

Oh, and while I'm in having that one out, I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled - the two that came through anyway. They both came through slightly cracked (possibly from the effort of trying to force themselves in to the small space they had) and one has been badly broken for a while (my old dentist said not to worry about it; possibly because of the hastle involved in arranging for someone like me to have a tooth pulled) and the other one's looking like it's heading the same way.



Won't that be a fun start to the new year for me?

On a brighter note...

My Christmas story - which is called "The Forgotten Angel" - is due for release on Tuesday (December 23rd).

I've also pre-released two books for the start of next year. One is a chapter book called "Yua And The Great Wizard Hunt" (due for release on January 20th 2015) and the other is a short pet themed poetry collection called "Rodent Rhymes And Pussycat Poems" (due for release on February 17th 2015).

Anyway... I hope your holiday preporations are going well, and that you're ready to celebrate whatever you're celebrating!

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear your new year will start off with tooth extractions. I hope everything goes well there. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed when my son was little. I had to go to an oral surgeon to have them removed and was under general anesthesia during the procedure. I remember waking up with a mouth full of gauze. That was a weird experience. I've had one other tooth removed after it abscessed, and that done by the same oral surgeon. Good luck with yours when it comes time.

My Christmas tree is still in a box out in the shed outside. I always wait until after my daughter's birthday (which was the 16th) before decorating for Christmas, but I'm not sure if I'll even get it out this year.

It sounds like you've been busy writing. That's pretty cool. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Thanks; now I'm looking forward to the tooth extraction even less.... If that's possible, LOL!

We normally have our tree up by now, but we decided to put the decorations up as part of our celebrations this year, so it will go up either later today or some time tomorrow.

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of writing in, and have plenty planned to work on once I'm done with what I'm writing right now.

Rita said...

Just think how much better you will feel after the darn tooth extractions, though. It will be such a relief. And I'm glad they are being cautious. Don't want anything happening to you, you know. :) Almost Christmas already. Seems like I just got used to it being 2014--LOL! :):)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Very true! And, I agree about it being better to be cautious.

I know... Seems like we only just got done with last Christmas, and now this one's almost here!

Intense Guy said...

I hope the dental work goes smoothly and brings rapid and complete relief when it finally takes place.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks; me too!

AliceKay said...

Oops. Sorry. LOL

Victoria Zigler said...

AKK:
Ah, it's OK... Once it's done I'll likely look back and laugh at how much I'm dreading having it done. Isn't that how it often goes?