Monday, January 05, 2015

2014 holiday photos, part 1: decorations and edibles (FD)

First, here are some photos of the various Christmas tree ornaments, which I had hung up here and there (since we only have a small tree, so they don't really fit on it):


Next, here's the little display I set up on my desk with my Christmas teddy that plays "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and some battery powered candles:


Here's our little Christmas tree:


A close up of one of the birds I got from Iggy a few years ago, sitting in our little Christmas tree:


This Santa was the first holiday ornament I ever brought myself. I got it from the post office when I went to mail cards the first Christmas I moved out (which, as it turned out, ended up being the Christmas I spent in Canada).


This is the crystal angel ornament we brought the first year we moved to where we currently live:


Here's the sledding penguin ornament Kelly and I made a couple of years back... The penguin was very happy to be able to have fun in the snow Iggy sent us:


Kelly and I made a new decoration this year. I got a kit to make a polar bear decoration among the craft items I got for Christmas last year, so we made it this year. And here it is:


I also made some homemade leek and chestnut purses...
I'd had some a few years ago that we got from Asda, but they cost a lot for just a few, so I thought I'd save some money by making them myself. Besides, home made is always better! I didn't have a recipe, so just made it up. They contain grated chestnut, finely chopped leek (lightly fried before being put in the pastry purses) and cheese.

They were very tasty, if I do say so myself... Something I'd consider making again for sure!

The home made double chocolate brownies were very tasty too...

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Such pretty ornaments and tree! I love the special "complete with treasured memory" ornaments.

That Leek and Chestnut Purse sounds like a yummy snack!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks! Most of the ornaments I currently have are "filled with memories" in one way or another. Although, some are more special to me than others.

Yes, the leek and chestnut purses were a very yummy snack.

Rita said...

You have so many decorations! My few (except the lights around the window) are put away already. The lights around the window are on their last legs so I figured I'd just keep using them till they died and will get new ones for next year--the kind that don't die when one bulb burns out--LOL! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
If you think I have a lot, you should see my Mam's collection!

Mine are put away now too; put them away New Year's Eve.

AliceKay said...

A lot of memories and special moments surround your ornaments. Very nice indeed.

I'd love to have a double chocolate brownie right about now. I'm not allowed to have chocolate or gluten for the time being, so my diet has been rather limited since October.

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Sorry you can't have a brownie. I guess you'll just have to get what enjoyment you can from the photos... I'm sure it's not the same, but your health comes first!