Thursday, January 15, 2015

Random ramblings - January 15th 2015 (FD)

It's been over a month now, and my tooth still hurts!

I'm waiting for a hospital appointment to go and have it out - and my upper wisdom teeth, which came through with cracks and have broken (one worse than the other). It should have just been fixable without doing that, but it's got a couple of fillings in it that mean attempts to sort it will probably just result in the tooth breaking and needing to be pulled, so we might as well skip to pulling it out. But, of course, it can't be straight forward... Being anemic means I have to go to hospital to have it done in case I lose too muchh blood and end up needing a blood transfusion. That shouldn't happen, but better safe than sorry, right?

Anyway...

The dentist says the appointment with the hospital will take as long as it does, and to remember that hospitals have waiting lists.

Well, duh! *Rolling eyes*

I've dealt with hospitals enough in the past that I don't need telling about that, thanks!

I was kinda hoping that knowing I was in pain would make the dentist tell them to hurry it up as much as possible.

Apparently not.

*Sigh*

I'd go to Accident And Emergency, but I know from the radio that if they decide your case isn't urgent they'll just send you home these days. I'm not sure of full details, but it's something to do with how far behind they are on the time it takes to see patients. The whole thing sounds stupid to me, to be honest. I mean, doctors and dentists take ages to see you, and if it's not so seriously urgent you have no choice you're not allowed to go to Accident And Emergency to be seen... So, you do what? You just have to suffer while they take who knows how long to see you? Sounds to me like having their paperwork look good matters more than the patients these days.

In the meantime, a combination of pain killers and camomile tea is bearly keeping the pain in my tooth to a level I can tolerate; bearing in mind, I have a very high tolerance for pain as a rule.

I've been eating a lot of oatmeal and mashed potato; soft foods aren't quite as painful to eat.

***

The rats needed a bigger cage than the one we got them, so we ordered them one about two and a half weeks ago.

When it arrived it was broken, so we arranged to have it picked up, and a replacement sent out.

After several phone calls, we FINALLY got our replacement yesterday!

The girls love it... But then, it's a little more than twice the size of their old one, so why wouldn't they?

***

I got "Isabelle's Runaway Racehorse" pre-released. So, now I have three books already pre-released for this year:

"Yua And The Great Wizard Hunt" is coming out next week. It's a story about a talking West Highland White Terrier rescued by a wizard when he was thrown out by his old owner, who later teams up with a little girl to find and rescue the wizard who took him in.

"Rodent Rhymes And Pussycat Poems" is due out in February. This one is a short collection of poems for and about my rodent gang and Cara the kitten.

"Isabelle's Runaway Racehorse" is due out in March. It's the story of a racehorse who becomes jealous when another horse moves in to his stable and takes some of the attention from him. He decides to run away in search of a home where he'll get the same attention he used to get before the new horse came along.

And, I have plenty more books planned!

One of the books I've been working on is almost ready to be pre-released; it just needs the final edits and a cover.

My main focus with writing now though is on the four book series I'm working on about a faerie dragon named Zeena. I'll tell you more another day though... Probably when I've completely finished the first book in the series.

I say "my main focus" because I dare say I'll do bits and pieces towards other books while working on that series. After all, I usually have a few things on the go at once.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I pre-ordered the new book!

:) The rats seem to really enjoy their new home!

Intense Guy said...

...and I do hope you can get that tooth problem taken care of really soon - its been way too long already.

Hugs.

Rita said...

So sorry you have to wait so long to get your tooth fixed! I had to wait about a month once and had no pain pills, so I can understand. I hope they get you in soon!!
Glad the rats have a bigger home. And congrats on the new book! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I agree... It's been much too long!

Yes, the rats seem to be loving the new home. They've also started to quite like being handled. Well, Star was quite fond of it already and would let us pick her up almost every time we tried, but Skye seems to have decided we're safe enough that she can let us pick her up on a semi-regular basis too (I say "semi-regular" because some days we can pick her up as easily as Star, but other days she panics because we touched her).

Thhanks for pre-ordering the new book; hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Rita:
Thanks!

Ouch... That must have been painful! Waiting this long with pain relief - which I sorted for myself, since they didn't give me any - is bad enough. I'd hate to think how much worse it was waiting without that pain relief!

AliceKay said...

Yes, it's been way too long with that tooth problem. The last tooth I had pulled had abscessed, but it took about a month for the dentist to finally figure that out, even with x-rays and then it took a week of antibiotics before I could have it extraction by an oral surgeon. It was so painful I was in tears more often than not. I feel for you, Tori. *hugs*

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Sorry to hear that. That's how much pain I'm in; spending an awful lot of time in tears from the pain. Also, the pain pills and camomile tea aren't working as well now as they did at first.