Monday, June 08, 2015

Monday's random mutterings - June 8th 2015



The above photo of the boats on the ocean was taken some time in May.

***

For May's monthly challenge on one of the groups I'm a member of over on Goodreads, we had to complete at least one of the following:

- Spell the month of May (Using either title or author name).
-Rate 4 books using each of the ratings (4 stars, 3 stars, 2 stars, 1 star)
-read 1500 words
-Read 2 books of the same series

I went with the option of reading two books from the same series. These are the books I read:
*Precipice (Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith, #1) by John Jackson Miller
*Skyborn (Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith, #2) by John Jackson Miller

I probably read the 1500 words and then some too, considering how much I read (I read 28 books in May).

Anyway, this group gives out badges, so here's my badge to say I completed the challenge:


***

Yesterday (June 7th) was my Grandma's birthday.

I don't know if she'll see this - sometimes she reads my blog posts, other times she doesn't - but I'll say it anyway...

Happy birthday for yesterday, Grandma!

It's also my Mother-In-Law's birthday tomorrow (June 9th) and my Dad's birthday on Saturday (June 13th).

Like with my Grandma, I don't know if they'll see this or not... Probably not, to be honest. But I'll say it anyway...

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Mom!

And...

Happy birthday for Saturday, Dad!

***

This will be short, because I've not really done anything much worth mentioning (other than book related stuff, which I'll tell you about on Wednesday). Unless you want to hear about boring stuff like household chores?

Yep, my day to day life is quite boring at the moment... The non-book related parts of it are, anyway.

Besides, I'm not feeling 100% at the moment. Nothing serious... I just have one of those annoying types of colds. You know? The ones that get just bad enough that you feel really yucky, but not so bad that you can't just about function.

I've had it for a little over a week now, but started feeling a bit more human recently, so hopefully it will go away soon.

Actually, I could really do with it being gone by next week, since I have the appointment to have my other wisdom tooth removed next week, and really don't want to have to reschedule; it's taken long enough to get this done as it is.

6 comments:

Rita said...

That's a lot of birthdays close together. Happy birthday, everybody. :)
You probably read 1,500 words every month. Probably more, actually.
Hope your cold goes away completely soon. I am still struggling with the tail end of mine...cough, too.
Have a great week. :):)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Will pass on your birthday messages.

You're probably right about how much I read. That's why I intentionally didn't call the challenge done until I'd done one of the other things on the list.

Sorry you're still struggling with the tail end of your cold and cough; hope you feel better soon! *Hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday to all the birthday kids!!!

Smiles.

Those boats were pretty close!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Will pass on your birthday messages too.

Yeah, the boats often do get quite close.

Jeanie said...

Sounds like June is a huge month for you birthday-celebration wise! I hope all the recipients have a happy one.

As for you, get better soon! Colds are no fun at any time of year but when the weather starts to turn nice and there are tons of things you'd rather do, they're even worse!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks!

Will pass on your birthday wishes to everyone too.