Monday, November 16, 2015

The Blue Reef Aquarium

At the end of September, Kelly and I visited the Blue Reef Aquarium with my Dad, his girlfriend, one of my brothers, his girlfriend, and my Nan. Here are the photos we took while there; for those who either don't have me on Facebook, or missed seeing them when I posted them on there. Sorry I didn't post them sooner... I kept meaning to, but things would come up, and we'd end up not sorting the photos.

It was difficult to get shots... It always is of things behind glass... But here are the photos we did manage to get.

We saw...

Blacktip reef sharks:


Lion fish:


Seahorses:


Stingrays:


Turtles:


And so many other types of fish that I'd be here all day trying to list them all... Here are just some of them:


There was a reptile room, but most of us didn't get to it... We were tired by the time we'd done the rest.

We stopped in at the gift shop though.

Here's my cuddly seal, who I've named Cecealya:


And my cuddly shark, who I've named Fynn:


I brought some little plastic animals too:


After the giftshop, we took some photos of everyone outside the aquarium...

Here's me:


The t-shirt I'm wearing is a Pathfinder Ponies one, which was done by my friend and cover artist, Jacob Blackmon. OK, officially it's called "Ponyfinder" but, either way, it's perfect for me, due to my combined enjoyment of roleplaying and love of horses. If you want one too, you can find Jacob via Twitter, Facebook, or his Deviant Art page. He does other things too.

Anyway... Back to the photos...

Here are me and Kelly together:


All of us... Dad and his girlfriend Cath, me and Kelly, Carl and his girlfriend Tory, and my Nan:


Dad has a few other photos of all of us outside the aquarium, but I decided to only share those few.

Nearby is a shipwreck museum. It was closed, so we couldn't go in, but we decided to take a photo of some of the model ships they have in their window:


And the anchor that was nearby:

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love seeing you and Kelly together, smiling! And why wouldn't you? A wonderful day, it looks like. Aquariums are magical to me -- a mysterious undersea world. I'd love it!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, it was a fun outing.

You'd really love this aquarium... There's a tunnel where you walk through and can imagine you're underwater while you're in it. We had a shark swim above our heads while we were in that tunnel.

Intense Guy said...

Ah! bet Toby would have gone with you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, he would. And he would have loved hearing my Dad describe all the fish; Dad's descriptions would have prevented his tantrum for sure.

Rita said...

Great picture of you and Kelly! You look so happy. You all look happy in all the pics. Had to be a long walk for your Nan. I recognized an axolotl in one picture. I used to have three of them in a 30 gallon tank. They look like a salamander with long, fluffy gills. Sounds like a fun time. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, it was a long and exhausting day for poor Nan. She expected it to be though, which is why she brought the sticks... She can walk a short distance without aid (or rather, she could until she hurt her leg a couple of weeks ago; a few weeks after this visit). I don't think poor Nan's going to be having too many more days out like this one in the future. But, hey, she is a couple of months away from turning 88, and it's only in the past year or so she's had trouble getting around and doing things for herself, so she's doing well.