One of the groups I'm a member of over on Goodreads made their reading challenge for the first quarter of 2016 a clear your clutter type challenge where the goal was to read as many books as you could from your to read list during the three months the challenge ran for. The only rule being that the book had to have been on your Goodreads to read shelf for a minimum of three months at the start of the challenge.
You pick your own challenge level, and since it was winter when it started, it was a winter theme for the challenge levels, which - given the weather most of us have had since the start of the year - were very appropriate; I know of someone who reached blustery blizard while in the middle of one, for example. Anyway, the challenge levels were as follows:
1-3 books Sparkling Snowflake
4-6 books Shiny Icicle
7-9 books Snappy Snowman
10-12 books Blustery Blizzard
13+ books Stately Snow Mountain
At the start of the challenge, while naming the level I was aiming for, I said I wanted to aim for Blustery Blizard, but was hoping to actually reach Stately Snow Mountain, since I wanted to make sure to be reading a lot of books I'd been meaning to read for some time. As it turned out, I actually reached Stately Snow Mountain before the challenge was half over.
So, here are the books I read, along with both the dates they were added to my to read shelf, and the dates I finnished reading them:
1. Ever After (The Hollows, #11) by Kim Harrison ~ marked as to read on December 30th 2012; read on January 10th 2016.
2. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer ~ marked as to read on January 5th 2013; read on January 12th 2016.
3. The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12) by Kim Harrison ~ marked as to read on March 5th 2013; read on January 16th 2016.
4. The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan ~ marked as to read on September 23rd 2015; read on January 17th 2016.
5. Angels Club by Courtney Vail & Sandra J. Howell ~ marked as to read on July 30th 2014; read on January 19th 2016.
6. The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) by Carolyn Keene ~ marked as to read on March 18th 2015; read on January 20th 2016.
7. Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1) by R.L. Stine ~ marked as to read on January 15th 2013; read on January 23rd 2016.
8. Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2) by R.L. Stine ~ marked as to read on January 15th 2013; read on January 24th 2016.
9. The Magic City by E. Nesbit ~ marked as to read on December 31st 2012; read on January 24th 2016.
10. Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3) by R.L. Stine ~ marked as to read on January 15th 2013; read on January 25th 2016.
11. Scat the Scaredy Cat by Sheryl Tidlund ~ marked as to read on March 27th 2015; read on January 25th 2016.
12. The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4) by R.L. Stine ~ marked as to read on January 15th 2013; read on January 26th 2016.
13. Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5) by R.L. Stine ~ marked as to read on January 15th 2013; read on January 27th 2016.
14. A Bitter Draught (Ravenwood Detective Agency Mystery #2) by Sabrina Flynn ~ marked as to read on September 1st 2015; read on January 27th 2016.
Getting books I've had waiting to be read for ages actually read is one of my reading goals for the year, which means I planned to do this anyway, so I'm continuing to focus my reading time on reading books that I've had on my to-read shelf for three months or longer, and have read several more books that would have counted for this challenge since the end of January. But I stopped checking in to add the titles and dates to my list on the challenge thread once I'd reached the highest level for the challenge, since there didn't seem much point in continuing to do so.