Friday, April 08, 2016

Furkid Friday: call Skye - or maybe Sky?

Hi there humans, rats, and any other types of rodents - or any other kind of creature for that matter - who happens to be reading this.

This is Star the rat.

A couple of weeks ago, the humans were watching TV, and I was watching it with them. Then, all of a sudden, the Mummy human turned to me and said something about the Daddy human needing to remind her to call Skye, and wanting me to remind him to remind her.

Well, I wasn't sure what this was all about, but I heard my sister's name mentioned, so I went to where she was taking a nap in the hammock, smacked her across the head to wake her up, and made her come with me to the side of the cage closest to where the human caretakers were.

For some reason, which we rats didn't understand at the time, this made the human caretakers laugh.

When they stopped laughing, the Mummy human explained that she'd meant Sky TV and not Skye the rat.

Well, she should have said that then, shouldn't she?

Humans can be confusing sometimes!

Squeak soon,
Star

***~~~***

Human's note: I swear this really happened. A couple of weeks ago, we were watching TV, and something we needed help with to do with the Sky TV box came up during one of our commercial break discussions, but it was a weekend, so we decided we'd call them on Monday. We'd been meaning to call about it for a while and kept forgetting (I'd ask Kelly to remind me, and we'd both forget). I jokingly said I'd have to get one of the rodent gang to remind Kelly to remind me, and - since I knew Star was hanging on the side of the cage beside where I was sat, watching TV with us - turned towards the rat cage and said, "Star, remind Daddy to tell me to call Sky on Monday," and Star promptly jumped down and went to fetch Skye and make her come see what we wanted. I'm thinking the only words she recognized were her own name, the word "Daddy" and what she thought was the name "Skye" - all three being words she is familiar with, and responds to - and thought I was saying her Daddy wanted to know where her sister was, or something like that. ~Tori

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Too confuse the issue more - Skye (the rat) should probably be on TV!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Absolutely! And so should I!

Squeak soon,
Star