Friday, April 29, 2016

Furkid Friday: have you seen my brother?

Hello everyone. This is Baggins the gerbil.

Sorry for the lack of my usual enthusiasm, but I'm one very sad gerbil right now. You see, my gerbil brother, Bilbo, went away. I don't know where, and I don't understand why. All I know is that he's been gone for more than a week now, and I can't find him anywhere I've looked. I even tried checking inside all of the tunnels I dug recently, just in case I accidentally buried him in sawdust... That happened several times in the past, after all. But I've had no luck in figuring out where he went.

My degu brothers haven't seen our gerbil brother either, and they miss him too. Especially Jacob, who was Bilbo's pal. Jacob and I have been trying to comfort each other by sitting together like Bilbo and Jacob used to; sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with the other three of our degu brothers as well. But it's just not the same... Especially for me. At least Jacob has the other degus to give him comfort.

The human caretakers have been giving me extra attention. But, still... Like I said... It's not the same. I miss Bilbo!

Actually, we all miss him. Me most, but we all miss him, and we're all a little confused about it all. Plus, we're a little sad, because we remember that something like this happened a couple of years ago with the big, white, Kero dog, and we never ever saw him again. Will that be the case for Bilbo?

If Bilbo doesn't come back, I hope my brother is happy wherever he is, has access to his favourite nibbles, and has plenty of places to dig.

The human caretakers say they're sure he has everything that makes him happy in the place where he's gone, and that I'll see him soon, but they hope not too soon, because they'll miss me. I hope they're right about my brother being happy where he is, though I'm a bit confused about why he had to go at all... Especially if the human caretakers don't want me to go with him any time soon.

Anyway... If you see my brother before I do, tell him I miss him. Also, if it's at all possible, tell him I want him to come home

Squeak soon,
Baggins

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Aw, Baggins. I'm way to big and clumsy to give you a proper hug.

I think Bilbo is home. A home for all time with treats and nibbles and friends and warmth and fresh sawdust every hour. I'm sure he misses you too - and just as badly.

Jeanie said...

My heart is breaking for Baggins. And for his mom and dad. I think Bilbo is around -- you just can't see him. But he knows you love him and that's most important.

Rita said...

I can imagine that everyone misses him, especially you. It is confusing but your brother is okay and you should stay where you are for a long time next to your degu brothers. Confusing things happen a lot, actually. But you are safe and warm and have your nibbles--and I am glad of that. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks all.

Squeak soon,
Baggins