Tuesday, April 19, 2016

R.I.P. Bilbo

Late this afternoon, we discovered that one of our gerbils, Bilbo, wasn't doing too well. He hadn't been completely himself since January, but he was really bad today: not very responsive, and showing no interest in any attempts we - or his gerbil brother, Baggins - were making to get him to interact with us.

As the evening wore on, he got worse, despite the best efforts of Kelly, myself, and Baggins. Then, a few moments ago, we found he'd slipped in to that final sleep... The one that would take him across the rainbow bridge.

Goodbye, little gerbil pal. You were a good gerbil, and you will be missed.

R.I.P. Bilbo
January 6th 2014 - April 19th 2016

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I am so sorry to hear of Bilbo's passing. He is in the magicaly place with the elves andd dwarves now I hope Baggins stays healthy, it is bound to be hard on him.

Rita said...

So sorry to hear that. Baggins will miss him a lot.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy & Rita:
Thanks, both of you!

Baggins is a little confused as to where his brother is, but is otherwise doing just fine so far.

Jeanie said...

I'm so very sorry, Tori. They are a part of our family, aren't they? I hope Baggins will be OK -- animals grieve, too. Sending hugs.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks! Yes, they are a part of the family; they're my babies. Also, yes, they grieve too.