Monday, April 25, 2016

TV talk and movie mutterings - April 2016

Time for this month's post of new to me movies and TV shows.

Well, actually, just movies, since the only TV shows I watched were ones I've mentioned liking already, so the only new thing about them was the newer episodes I saw of some of them.

But, anyway...

As with the similar posts from the recent past, I've not written very detailed reviews, but instead just given my opinion of the movie in question, so I've included links to where you can find out more about the movie, if you want to... Just click on the title of it, and you'll go right there.

So...

Penguins Of Madagascar (movie):
I thought these penguins were quite cute, and extremely entertaining, when they appeared in Madagascar, and have enjoyed a few episodes of the TV series about them, so it should come as no surprise that I enjoyed this movie. Besides... Who doesn't love penguins? Especially talking penguins!

Inside Out (movie):
I've been dying to see this one, and am relieved to report that I was not disappointed. It was a great movie; fun and entertaining, but also potentially useful for helping children deal with their emotions should they find themselves in a similar situation.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (movie):
I used to love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons, so wanted to watch this movie. Quite frankly, I'm glad I watched it on Sky instead of wasting my money going to see it at the cinema. It was absolute rubbish! They changed the origin story (not a whole lot, but enough that someone familiar with the original would notice) and the movie itself wasn't all that good, even if you ignore that fact. Like I said, I'm glad I didn't waste any money on seeing it; it's one I certainly won't be bothering to watch again, that's for sure.

Finally, here's a little something for the Harry Potter fans who read my blog:

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

Inside Out is still on my list. I'm sure it's On Demand but I never get around to looking at it. Sounds like something that I would really love! I'm glad it wasn't disappointing.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
It's on demand according to Sky, so should be with whatever service you use too. When you watch it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Rita said...

OMGoodness! I did not know there was another Harry Potter movie coming out (take off, looks like) and with Eddie Redmayne!!! I think he's such a good actor! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
You're very welcome! :)

Intense Guy said...

I love talking Penguins. The whole Madagascar series is non-stop fun and laughs!

Intense Guy said...

The new Harry Potter movie looks awesome!!

I can't wait!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I had a feeling you'd be a fan of the penguins. I know you even love the non-talking kind... Understandably, since penguins are really cute.

I'm looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie too!