Saturday, June 11, 2016

The #Hastings #SkyParade And A #Beach #Photo



Excuse the slight crookedness to the above photo... I wasn't holding my iPhone as straight as I thought I was. But, since Kelly says the slight crookedness is the only real problem with the photo, I figured I'd go ahead and post this picture of the beach anyhow. It's probably not an awesome photo, but I'm sure those of you who love the beach will appreciate the gesture.

Anyway...

Yesterday (Friday) morning, a parade marched along the street that seporates the building I live in from the beach.

I hadn't been paying much attention to what was going to be going on around here, so I wasn't entirely sure what it was for. Plus, since we weren't expecting any parades or anything, Kelly wasn't around with his camera to take photos, and there wasn't time to get him by the time I realized it was a parade. So, I did my best using my iPhone and TapTapSee.

I managed to get these two photos:


The second photo is just the tail end of the parade. Like I said, I wasn't ready for it. Plus, it wasn't a very long parade. Still, though the photos aren't fantastic, only one of the photos I took was no good at all... It was a very crooked shot of the various people - many my neighbours, I expect - who were lined up in the street watching the parade go by. But, hey, since I was trying to be quick, and doing the photos by myself, I think two out of three attempts being reasonably successful is an excellent thing!

Oh, and... In case you're wondering... It was the "Hastings Sky Parade" and those people were marching to the recently re-opened peer (which was finally repaired and renovated after having burned down something like six years ago).

For more details on what it was all about - and better pictures - check out this page from the Hastings Observer (the local newspaper).

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

That's how I like to see a parade -- from way up high! And the beach is lovely! (I'm headed to the ocean later this week! I'll wave at you from across the sea!)

I copied your pix and will straighten them and email them back!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks about the photos! :)

I hope you enjoy your trip to the beach later this week.

Rita said...

What a perfect view of the parade! Looked like all the children in all the grades were there--goodness! Packed full of color and smiles. You did a great job catching them from your windows, too. :)

Deanna said...

I didn't realize you live so close to the beach. How fortunate you are! David and I are going to California next week and will be staying at my aunt's beach house. I can't wait!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! Yeah, I think you're right that all the grades were there... At least the ones for kids 11 and under.

Deanna:
*raises eyebrows* really? I have mentioned several times that I live so close to the ocean, and posted several ocean photos taken from my windows. I guess you missed those posts? *shrugs* Anyway, hope you and David enjoy your trip to the beach next week.

Intense Guy said...

Enjoyed the photos!!! Looks like the parade was for a good cause and the paraders enjoyed themselves!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes, they seemed to be having a great time.

Deanna said...

I knew you were close but somehow missed the fact that you are directly across the street. I usually read via a blog reader and don't always see the photos. I've been doing a lot of skimming in recent months. Sorry about that!

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
Oh, I see. Well, that would explain it. Anyway, there's no need to apologize. It just surprised me that you didn't know, that's all. But if you don't generally see the photos, I can understand how you may not realize I was quite so close to the beach.