Monday, June 27, 2016

#TV Talk And #Movie Mutterings - June 2016

OK...It's time for this month's post of new to me movies and TV shows.

As with the similar posts from the recent past, I've not written very detailed reviews, but instead just given my opinion of the movie or TV show in question, so I've included links to where you can find out more about the movie or TV show, if you want to... Just click on the title of it, and you'll go right there.

So...

Neverland (TV mini series):
This was an interesting take on where Peter Pan came from, and how he and the lost boys found themselves in Neverland. Although, it doesn't fully fit with everything I've read or seen about Peter Pan in the past (it would be difficult to explain how without spoilers, and I don't post spoilers). Despite this, I did really enjoy it, and would watch it again.

Valley Of The T-Rex (TV movie documentary):
This was a very interesting, extremely fascinating, glimpse in to the possible behaviour of the T-Rex.

I also watched a couple of other documentaries about dinosaurs. But I'm not sure what they were called. I know one was about a fish believed to be a creature that has survived since the time of the dinosaurs in its original form, which is still alive today... They were getting photos of, and putting an electronic tagging device on, the fish. I'm not sure how recent the show actually was, but it was my first time watching it. Like I said, i watched a couple of other dinosaur documentaries too.

***

I saw this really cool post a couple of weeks ago, where someone was talking about how the sounds for some of the spaceships in science fiction movies and TV shows were created. The post even includes some clips so you can hear the ones the post talks about. If you want to check it out, go here.

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I saw a part of Neverland - I'm waiting for the re-run so I can see it all!

The dino movie sounds cool too! I'll have to watch for it.

And the sound effect (idling space ships) is really cool! Thanks!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
When you get to see Neverland, let me know what you think.

You're welcome about the spaceship sound effects thing.

Rita said...

The sounds of the spaceships article was interesting. I hadn't given it much thought, but there's that background noise on all the space shows and movies. Cool! :)

Jeanie said...

Love Peter Pan and I think the "Neverland" series sounds interesting. I'll have to look out for it here.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the spaceships link.

Jeanie:
Hope you get to see "Neverland" some time.