Friday, August 26, 2016

#Furkid Friday: #Degu #Travel #Advice - The #Vet

Hi humans, rodent types, and anyone else reading this.

This is Joshua the degu.

After my degu brother, Jacob, came home from that vet place, I - along with my other degu brother, Jenks - asked him what he thought of his trip. I thought I'd share with you what he had to say.

"I wouldn't recommend it as a travel destination," Jacob explained. "Honestly, if you can avoid going there altogether, I'd suggest you go with that option. Don't get me wrong, the results are great... Assuming it really was that vet guy who made me better, that is. I mean, I'm still not 100% certain it was to do with him. But the human caretakers insist it was, so..." Jacob trailed off, waving a paw dismissively, as if to indicate he was done with discussing the details of his recovery.

"So, you'd rate the results of the service they give you highly,?" we asked, partially out of curiosity, and partially to remind him he was meant to be reviewing his trip.

"Yes, I think so," Jacob said, looking thoughtful, but nodding his head in confirmation. "I guess I'd say the results of the service deserve a five stars out of five rating."

"Then, why don't you suggest it as an ideal travel destination?" we asked, confused and curious.

"Because the results are all it has going for it," Jacob explained. "The transport there and back is uncomfortable and scary, not to mention lonely, since you don't even get asked if you want a private box, or would prefer to travel with a friend."

"Or sibling," Jenks put in.

"Or sibling," Jacob agreed. "But that's not all."

"What else?" we asked.

"While the results are great, the service itself is terrible," Jacob told us. "You get pulled about, poked and prodded, and examined more thoroughly than I'd like to remember. And you don't even get asked if you want the treatments."

"That sounds dreadful," we said, cuddling close to him for comfort.

"It was," Jacob insisted. "But you know what was even worse?"

"What?" we asked, our eyes wide with fear at the news there was worse to come.

"They didn't even offer me any refreshments," Jacob complained.

"That's terrible!" Jenks and I exclaimed, truely horrified.

"I know!" Jacob wailed. "I hear they have nibbles there for dogs, but not for any other animals."

"That doesn't seem fair," we complained.

"I agree," Jacob said. "As I said, i'd give the results five stars out of five, but everything else gets only one star... And that's me being nice!"

There you go. So, that's my brothers's advice for you: if you can avoid going to the vet, great! If not, be prepared for an awful experience, even if it's one that produces good results. Oh, and - unless you're a dog - take some nibbles with you, or be prepared to go hungry.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

2 comments:

IntenseGuy said...

Laffs. All you needed was a camera to take slide photos and an projector!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
The human caretakers never bothered to take the camera... Silly humans!

Squeak soon,
Joshua