Friday, September 30, 2016

#Furkid Friday: A #Chinchilla #Photo Shoot

Hi everyone. This is Maizie the chinchilla.

The Mummy human decided we hadn't had our photos done enough since we came to live with these human caretakers, so she decided we should have a short photo shoot. Quite frankly, we agreed we needed more photos, so we were willing to play along.

Please excuse the shots were our eyes look funny colours... It's the light catching us, not our eye colour.

Anyway...

This is me:


Here I am again, this time sitting on our gnawing block:


The human caretakers opened the cage door to get better shots. Mollie was more interested in the human caretakers themselves, but I was checking out how much of a drop there was to the ground:


The human caretakers did say I could come out if I wanted to, but I decided it looked too scary. I love coming out and climbing on the Mummy human (her shoulder is a good place to sit, for example) but I'm not so keen on the idea of running free. I keep considering it, but I'm not ready yet. Or, I wasn't when these shots were taken, anyway.

Mollie, on the other hand, isn't the least bit interested in getting freedom right now, and instead took the invitation to come out as her cue to climb on to the Mummy human's arm for some cuddle time:


She did climb on to the Mummy human's shoulder a little while later - and so did I - but the humans had put away the flashy thing by then, so they missed getting that shot. I expect they'll keep trying though.

Squeak soon,
Maizie

5 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, they are so sweet! I remember how soft and cuddly they are from when we had them in the pet shop. Nice to see you in a picture with them, too. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, they're incredibly soft and fluffy... I just love petting them and feeling their super soft fur.

We've been trying for ages to get a picture of me holding them, but every time the camera is out they dive back in the cage, only to come and climb on me again as soon as we put the camera away. This is the best we've managed to get. I'm hoping one day to actually be able to show you how they like to sit on my shoulders.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks for saying we're sweet!

Squeak soon,
Maizie

IntenseGuy said...

Ah such cutie pies!!

I like all the photos and the one with your human caretaker in it, the best!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Squeak soon,
Maizie