Friday, October 28, 2016

#Furkid Friday: The #Gerbil And The Frosted Shreddy (FD)

Hellooo everyone! This is Baggins the gerbil.

I was feeling really low the other day, so the human caretakers gave me a bit of sugary cereal to make me feel better... It was a frosted Shreddy.

They usually give us the kinds of things with little to no sugar, because it's better for us, and also because then we can all have the same cereal (my degu brothers and chinchilla sisters have to be very careful with sugar - especially my degu brothers). But, anyway, the human caretakers let me have a sugary bit of cereal to make me feel better.

Except it didn't work out quite as they planned, because I liked that one so much more that when they tried giving me the plain version afterwards, I threw it back at them. I mean, why would I want a plain Shreddy when there are frosted ones in the world? Would you want plain ones when you can have ones coated in sugar? Uh-huh... That's what I thought!

The human caretakers don't let me get away with it every time... They insist I have to stick to mostly the non-sugary cereals for nibble time. I don't mind this on Cheerio days, but I make a point of showing my displeasure when they give me non-sugary Shreddies. I'm hoping they'll eventually get the hint and stick to giving me the frosted variety.

A gerbil can hope, right?

Squeak soon,
Baggins

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I gotta admit the sugar ones taste a whole lot better!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Exactly! Which is why I want the sugary ones instead.

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Rita said...

LOL! Most humans prefer sugary stuff, too. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I thought as much. Makes me wonder why the human caretakers then try to make me eat the non-sugary versions...

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Danielle L Zecher said...

I think we'd all rather have the sugary version of most things. :-)

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
I think you're right.

Squeak soon,
Baggins