Monday, December 19, 2016

The #Holidays Are Upon Us (FD)

Today is my Mam's birthday. I don't know if she'll see this, but I'm going to say it anyway... Happy birthday, Mam! Also, my Grandad celebrated his birthday on December 4th. I know for a fact he won't see this, but - again - I'll say it anyway... Belated happy birthday, Grandad!

OK... The Winter Solstice - or Yule, if you prefer - is in two days time, and Christmas is less than a week away... How'd that happen? Pretty soon we'll be starting a whole new year...

It's OK though... We're ready for it. I wasn't when December first arrived. At least, I wasn't ready for the holidays when December first arrived. I've been ready for 2016 to end since around my birthday, along with most other people, I'm sure.

But I am ready for the holidays now! Our holiday decorations are up. The gifts and cards we're sending are brought and sent out, and should be with the people now (or will be in the next day or so, if they haven't yet arrived). Also, our presents to one another, and those people have sent us, are wrapped up under the tree. We also have plenty of good things to eat over this next week. Though I confess I cheated and brought all our cakes and cookies this year, because I just didn't have the time or energy to bake them.

So... Regardless of what you're celebrating... How about you? Are you ready for the festivities to begin? Is all your holiday shopping done, or are you one of those people that always leaves it until the last minut? Are you free to relax and enjoy the holidays, or will you be scrambling around to get everything done at the last possible moment?

To be honest, with everything that's been going on lately, I'm glad we'd planned a quiet holiday celebration this year. Not that I've done anything big for the past couple of years, but still. So it will just be me, Kelly, and the rodent gang, enjoying our presents, eating treats, and having a nice holiday meal together. I'm pretty sure the rodent gang is already dreaming of the tasty nibbles they've asked Santa Paws to bring them this year.

How about you? What are you celebrating? Also, what are your holiday plans?

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday to your Mam!! I hope she is well.

I'm a long way from ready for Christmas - it's been a struggle. Somethings might be late - but better late than never right?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Actually, she's sick right now. I'll tell her you said happy birthday though.

Yes, better late than never. Plus, some gifts are worth waiting for.

Rita said...

It was harder to get into the holiday spirit this year, but twinkline lights and Christmas music have helped a lot. Karma and I are ready for our quiet Christmas. Leah brought over some cookies. (She and her sister have a cookie baking day each year and I benefit, too--LOL) It warmed up to 30 degrees--whoohoo!! Have a wonderful hooliday!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm glad the twinkling lights and holiday music have helped. I'm sure the cookies helped too... Gotta love homemade cookies!

Jeanie said...

I think I did my last bit of shopping today and will probably finish the last round of baking tonight. Food is bought for Christmas and now I just have to wrap a bit and clean the house. Sounds pretty good to me!

I wish you the merriest and hope you have a safe and beautiful holiday. And good wishes to your mam on her birthday!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks! Good luck with the final preparations for your holiday celebrations.