Friday, January 06, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Baggins The #Gerbil Turns 3 (FD)

Hellooo everyone! This is Baggins the gerbil.

Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?

I'm having one of those birthday things today!

I'm three human years old today. For gerbils that's like being an old man. I'm not ready to slow down just yet though, and am still enthusiastically playing and digging, just like I've done since I was a very young gerbil.

Well, there was that time I slowed down for a while when I was upset about losing my gerbil brother, Bilbo, last year. But that didn't last long. Plus, even though I miss him terribly, I try not to think about that. I can't help it today, of course, since it would have been Bilbo's birthday today too. But I'm trying to enjoy my special day, despite not having my brother here to share it with me.

The human caretakers are doing a great job at helping with that, since they've already given me a special birthday nibble. I'm also pretty sure I heard something mentioned about cheese being on the menu later, which is the best news a gerbil could get on his birthday, if you ask me. Of course, if they want to throw in a frosted Shreddy or two, or maybe a berry, that would be just fine with me, and would certainly go a long way to helping me enjoy my special day... Just saying.

Squeak soon,
Baggins

P.S. I really do miss you, Bilbo, and wish you could be here to share all the great nibbles with me.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Baggins (and Bilbo)!

I suspect Bilbo is having his own great nibbles (but wishes he was with you)!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks about the birthday wishes! I hope you're right about Bilbo.

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Rita said...

You have your birthday close to Santa Paws day so lots of treats this winter...and every winter--LOL! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
That's true... YAY!

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Danielle L Zecher said...

Happy belated birthday, Baggins!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Danielle!

Squeak soon,
Baggins